mrmazinkle

UK pensions

6 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

The next 'dash to the door'  UKs door that is will commence in just over two years time when the allowance for the wife ends, forget the name of it, but yes it finishes in two years time April 2020. Carefully crafted it was too,   claim Thai wife about 60 a week, but it meant compulsory frozen pension which did take the shine off it a bit, probably why so many 'likers' ganged up together when discussing the frozen bit.  anyway, all you losing the allowance and claiming a move back to the UK will undoubtedly raise suspicions there at DWP HQ

yes will be a few glum faces that day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

can somebody explain what claiming extra pension for a Thai wife is? I never heard of it

It's called the 'Adult Dependency Increase'. I don't know about anyone else, but it has been worth about £200 a month to me. It's certainly going to hurt when it's discontinued.

• Like 2

I Just missed out on that then, it's a lot of money to get snatched away. They do need it though for all those poor 'asylum seekers' :sad:

• Like 2

I Just missed out on that then, it's a lot of money to get snatched away. They do need it though for all those poor 'asylum seekers' :sad:
Oh come on us pensioners have loads of money.dont you see it in the papers.pictures of us lazing on beaches sipping martinies and living the high life .anyone can live an exotic life like us on about 10 grand a year.or so we are constantly being told while most freeze away in their unheated homes .

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

It's called the 'Adult Dependency Increase'. I don't know about anyone else, but it has been worth about £200 a month to me. It's certainly going to hurt when it's discontinued.

Never mind, you can always (bend) the rules

6 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Never mind, you can always (bend) the rules

I reckon the UK gov will be well prepared for the mass influx of pensioners that have lost their passport near renewal time....5150.gif.00320430ac7e95dd90e8674008f13d6b.gif

7 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

However if you are paying tax your tax bill will be reduced as well.

6 hours ago, i claudius said:

Oh come on us pensioners have loads of money.dont you see it in the papers.pictures of us lazing on beaches sipping martinies and living the high life .anyone can live an exotic life like us on about 10 grand a year.or so we are constantly being told while most freeze away in their unheated homes .

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A bit tricky for me as I live 500km from the seaside and the beach and I don't drink Martoonies. I am a Sang Dom rum, soda and ice man.

21 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I do not think you 'missed' out on anything. It's at what point the frozen/unfrozen bit came into play. do not think the dependency allowance was subject to increase, did consider it initially but ran into too many problems. Its the compounded amount that will add to OAP,(unf), just in the coming year of 3% increase will add roughly 22 a month, that is just one month, then compounding increase it considerably, over the years obv at what point a start is made.,  and then full circle  at the point you started at. Think it was the husband's income  so taxed

Might have confused a few, did put the piece up a while ago and stated CC ... not the crown court but county court sorry for conf.  DWP trying to impose frozen pension on a woman she resisted, thus ending up in court.  The story did carry the young journalist's pic  small box photo alongside it and his (journalist )stomping ground was South Lakes,N Lancs...anyway, DWP threw their hat in, gave up