Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blossombkk

International School In Ubon Rachatani

blossombkk    14

Hi, I think if I post it in this forum maybewill get more results.

I was searching Ubon Rachatani for future settling in this forum. Didn't get any info re schools. A guy I met said this was the best town in Thailand. Have 2 children. Is there any International school there for primary and secondary grades? If not, what do farangs do as far as education for children?

I would greatly appreciate some info on that.

Thanks

transam    24,566

Assumption College.

500 Chayangkool Road, Ubon Ratchathani, 34000

045-284-444 www.acu.ac.th

Next door Tesco's cowboy.gif

sezzo    62

My young bloke (educated in Australian public school for 4 years) is now attending the YES 2 school on the Ring road in Ubon. He is doing the summer course to bring his written thai up to scratch prior to the new school year starting. Very modern school with good facilities. According to the office staff the curriculm is taught in both Thai and english. Ive been impressed by the place so far. Hopefully this will be the norm for the future.

blossombkk    14

Assumption College.

You mean they have elementary school in the college???

blossombkk    14

My young bloke (educated in Australian public school for 4 years) is now attending the YES 2 school on the Ring road in Ubon. He is doing the summer course to bring his written thai up to scratch prior to the new school year starting. Very modern school with good facilities. According to the office staff the curriculm is taught in both Thai and english. Ive been impressed by the place so far. Hopefully this will be the norm for the future.

Is there an English curriculum as in one language only? My daughter is having huge difficulty in Thai as is.

transam    24,566

Assumption College.

Not sure about starting age but our boy goes there and my mates daughter went there l believe from early-ish years. She now goes to YES (near home) school but is far more expensive. Suggest you Email Assump for info.

blossombkk    14

Assumption College.

Not sure about starting age but our boy goes there and my mates daughter went there l believe from early-ish years. She now goes to YES (near home) school but is far more expensive. Suggest you Email Assump for info.

We'll do

Thanks a lot

transam    24,566

Assumption College.

We'll do

Thanks a lot

Update,

The mrs says they have a nursery, so kids can start at any age. cowboy.gif

sezzo    62

Is there an English curriculum as in one language only? My daughter is having huge difficulty in Thai as is.

Im pretty sure that they teach in both thai and english. When we arrived back in Thailand in Dec we had the young bloke attending classes in Khemarat on weekends with a teacher from the govt school there. He didnt really learn much in 3 months of these lesson. Now just 2 weeks into the summer course his written thai is flying along well. I have a lot of confidence that he will pick it up quickly and therefore continue on with his schooling come start of the school year.

KunMatt    3,063
A guy I met said this was the best town in Thailand.

Did he give you any reasons for it being the best city in Thailand?

I live there and I dont think its the best city in Thailand for anything. Im still trying to find the positives here.

blossombkk    14

I live there and I dont think its the best city in Thailand for anything. Im still trying to find the positives here.

That's the question I was going to raise again. I didn't ask him why it was the best of Thailand but he did mention the beauty and the nice people. He used to teach there in one of the Universities. U now start to doubt it!

elwood    196

It most probably isn't the best city in Thailand - who the hell can judge?

But I, and quite a few other expats, like living here; we apparently have found some positives, so we don't care about its status.

Elwood

KunMatt    3,063

But I, and quite a few other expats, like living here; we apparently have found some positives, so we don't care about its status.

Elwood

Positives such as...

elwood    196

Elwood

Positives such as...

What's the point? You don't like the place, I do; me telling you what is good about it won't change your mind will it? In the same way, you going on about the negatives won't make me pack my bags and move.

elwood    196

Matt, I hope you aren't negative towards Ubon simply because no one has managed to explain where Saphasit Road is?wai.gif