BANGKOK 14 November 2018 02:56

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai Police Probe Human Skulls Found In Fertilizer Bag

Police Probe Human Skulls Found in Fertilizer Bag

image.jpeg

PATHUM THANI: -- Five human skulls have been found in a fertilizer bag left by Rangsit Canal in Pathum Thani Province.

Police were informed by an undertaker from a local temple that human skulls were found inside a fertilizer bag by Rangsit Canal in Thanyaburi District of Pathum Thani Province.

At the scene, police found five human skulls with some crushed bones inside the fertilizer bag. Apparently, the skulls' foreheads, occipital bones and both temples were broken. The forensic team is currently gather evidence around the scene.

The undertaker said that he was told about the skulls by a local who found the bag while fishing nearby. Police were promptly contacted afterward.

The investigation team said that the holes found on the skulls were not caused by bullets but more likely drilled. The skulls will be thoroughly inspected to check where they came from.

Police Major General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang, acting commissioner of Region 1 Police Bureau, reported that it has not yet been determined if the skulls belonged to men or women or how long they had been left there. They will be sent to the forensic unit for further examination.

Police suspect that the skulls were drilled for some kind of superstitious ritual or dug up from an old grave. The bag was probably placed there on purpose, not swept by last year's floods.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-20

footer_n.gif

Reminds me of the Thai story of Ma Na, the woman who died whilst her husband was in the army. She had a bone disc removed from her skull.

I've used bone meal in the past when planting. rolleyes.gif

To me the holes don't look drilled, but cut off with a saw as maybe a medical examiner looking at the brain or maybe brain surgery that doesn't look very successful. Or maybe skulls from a medical school

All will be considered "suicides" in a few days time. Just give it time for the realization of the forensic difficulties ahead to sink in.

I’m no expert but I would guess that if the holes were caused by bullets then the skulls would have been shattered, but I cannot see any signs of shattering.

Also if any blunt instruments were used to smash the skulls than again there would have been evidence of shattering.

The holes appear consistent so yes; in this case I would agree with the police.

The only mystery is, how did these people die? Could it have been some horrific type of gangland execution where drills were used to kill the victims? A most painful and awful death if that is the case.

I doubt whether there will be any follow-ups to this story, so I suppose we will never know.

Drilled?

Must be a core drill barrel if they were, but they are not a consitantly round pattern.

"The forensic team is currently gather evidence around the scene."

They have forensic teams here? I thought they were just cops with pickups scooping up the bodies.

Leaves no question about whether or not it is 'real deal' blood and bone fertilizer. wink.png

Looks more like a jigsaw was used. Maybe someone is making something from the skull material. for it's "magical properties"?

Looks more like a jigsaw was created, to me! :(

-mel