Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TongueThaied

Eliminate Ants Forever

tropo    4,453

I actually prefer the roaches to ants. little buggers get into everything

I'll take ants over roaches any day.

I keep an ashtray full of roaches on my desk. I'll take roaches over ants any day. thumbsup.gif

Perhaps a lesson would be in order then. Roaches normally live in the sewers here in Thailand. The only place I have them in my house is in the basement in the drainage pit and septic tank - where there are literally thousands. Occasionally one makes its way into the house where they're not welcome.

The other day I was plating up my dinner when this giant cockroach (from the septic tank) ran onto the plate and into the sauce.

Queensland, Australia and especially Northern Queensland is the worst place I've ever been for cockroaches. They'll carry a loaf of bread away while you'll sleeping... but the same as here - they breed in the sewers. For some reason the Australian breeds are much faster and more difficult to catch/squash/kill than the Thailand ones.

The little German cockroaches which breed in kitchens are the worst though because they live inside rather than just visit from the sewers. I've seen kitchens so badly infested with these that when you turn the light on at night the floor is covered with these pesky buggers. When you open cupboards they're all over your kitchen ware. It doesn't matter how clean you are, you have to spray for these at least once a year.

Needless to say I absolutely detest cockroaches (in the house) and will take ants if faced with a choice.

David48    10,645

Queensland, Australia and especially Northern Queensland is the worst place I've ever been for cockroaches. They'll carry a loaf of bread away while you'll sleeping...

Agreed, Queensland, Northern Territory ... just ask Azaria

Jayman    856

I actually prefer the roaches to ants. little buggers get into everything

I'll take ants over roaches any day.

I keep an ashtray full of roaches on my desk. I'll take roaches over ants any day. thumbsup.gif

Perhaps a lesson would be in order then. Roaches normally live in the sewers here in Thailand. The only place I have them in my house is in the basement in the drainage pit and septic tank - where there are literally thousands. Occasionally one makes its way into the house where they're not welcome.

The other day I was plating up my dinner when this giant cockroach (from the septic tank) ran onto the plate and into the sauce.

Queensland, Australia and especially Northern Queensland is the worst place I've ever been for cockroaches. They'll carry a loaf of bread away while you'll sleeping... but the same as here - they breed in the sewers. For some reason the Australian breeds are much faster and more difficult to catch/squash/kill than the Thailand ones.

The little German cockroaches which breed in kitchens are the worst though because they live inside rather than just visit from the sewers. I've seen kitchens so badly infested with these that when you turn the light on at night the floor is covered with these pesky buggers. When you open cupboards they're all over your kitchen ware. It doesn't matter how clean you are, you have to spray for these at least once a year.

Needless to say I absolutely detest cockroaches (in the house) and will take ants if faced with a choice.

ohhh.. you are talking about cockroaches.... I was talking about a different kind of roach.

Semper    1,694

"Eliminate ants forever"

These guys have been around for more than 100 million years. I don't think it's possible to eliminate them in a couple of weeks, months or years. sad.png

h90    9,429

similar...they were in the towel.

I dried myself jump into my clothes and went to speak with my staff.....

Very hard to make a straight face while speaking with people while the ants bite you in the balls....

happened to me on a few occasions.

painful

it clearly shows how disciplined and self controlled someone is....

h90    9,429

"Eliminate ants forever"

These guys have been around for more than 100 million years. I don't think it's possible to eliminate them in a couple of weeks, months or years. sad.png

I think even with nuclear weapons it won't be easy to exterminate them. Soviet tried to build a anti-ant bomb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba and could get a small area complete ant-free.

ripstanley    2,502

Queensland, Australia and especially Northern Queensland is the worst place I've ever been for cockroaches. They'll carry a loaf of bread away while you'll sleeping...

Agreed, Queensland, Northern Territory ... just ask Azaria

Lived in the NT for 30 years. They are the worst. Very big ones.

T_Dog    1,943

If anyone finds a source for borax in Pattaya please post so we can all get some.

I orderd from http://www.healthfoo...s=borax&x=7&y=7 on the 23rd and my goods arrived today. Very good service.

Sounds like a good source, but don't miss the humor in getting something to kill ants from a company like Good Karma Foods!

Jayman    856

If anyone finds a source for borax in Pattaya please post so we can all get some.

I orderd from http://www.healthfoo...s=borax&x=7&y=7 on the 23rd and my goods arrived today. Very good service.

keep us posted in your results.. might have to order some myself from them.

ripstanley    2,502

keep us posted in your results.. might have to order some myself from them.

I certainly will. The supplier has a disclaimer that it can take up to 2 days after money received before dispatch but mine was completed the next day. They send by EMS and give you the tracking number. Very good service.

4.real    20

If you want to mix poison with foodstuff that ants will eat use garlic.

I have found that ants will travel miles [english miles] to get at garlic.