Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TongueThaied

Eliminate Ants Forever

139 posts in this topic

There is no "for ever" regarding ants

Ants have been on earth before and will be after men

Ants are not your enemies

You don't need to kill them, just relocate them by giving them food somewhere else

It's not always about food. Read the OP - he's had damage caused by ants all over the house. I've had a brand new Sony laptop invaded by ants which made a nest out of it. That's nothing to do with food but it makes them my enemy.

A laptop is FULL of delicious crumbs and it's warm and dark

Not my laptops. Food doesn't come anywhere near them, and the Sony I mentioned was brand new. It was in the bag in the wardrobe when they invaded. It took over a week to get them all out.

As I said, it's not always about food.

Its a pity we didn't use this about a year ago. We are now rebuilding a cabin that the buggers got into while we were away. Interestingly they went for the furniture first. Thanks for the info.

You don't need to kill them, just relocate them by giving them food somewhere else

It's not always about food. Read the OP - he's had damage caused by ants all over the house. I've had a brand new Sony laptop invaded by ants which made a nest out of it. That's nothing to do with food but it makes them my enemy.

A laptop is FULL of delicious crumbs and it's warm and dark

Not my laptops. Food doesn't come anywhere near them, and the Sony I mentioned was brand new. It was in the bag in the wardrobe when they invaded. It took over a week to get them all out.

As I said, it's not always about food.

Do you think the little chinese or taiwanese men who assembled your laptop get lunch break?

No sir they eat their mapodofu and I chat with their colleague on the job when the boos is not looking

and I can tell you they do talk with their mouth full biggrin.png

Do you think the little chinese or taiwanese men who assembled your laptop get lunch break?

No sir they eat their mapodofu and I chat with their colleague on the job when the boos is not looking

and I can tell you they do talk with their mouth full biggrin.png

funny how sometimes people let their prejudices preconceptions slip. what, at first, appears an innocuous remark can tell quite a story.

Why makes you think that the people assembling the laptops are either diminutive or male?

But, to be honest, i understand that you were joking.

1 person likes this

"Eliminate ants forever"

These guys have been around for more than 100 million years. I don't think it's possible to eliminate them in a couple of weeks, months or years. sad.png

You obviously haven't tried the borax solution.

Any thing biting MY balls would be an enemy

I've heard that borax works on most insects, cockroaches, termites etc. It attacks their exoskeletons and all insects have exoskeletons and I can easily find borax at my local chemical supply shop, but in a crystal form and not easy to desolve in water. Any tips??

Just a side note....I used Borax to cure salmon eggs for decades. Nice to see the link to the healthfood store.

Thanks for the entertaining and informative post, Tongue Thaied. My hotel room does not have a real ant problem, but if I drop a candy peanut on the floor it will be covered by those microscopic ants within 5 minutes. Ant and the tropics seem to go hand in hand. I will remember to bring Borax from Canada when I come back next year.

no man should have have their stones chewed on by a bunch of bully ants, kill them all. use fly spray and a wire brush to get them off yr gonads, works everytime, so i've been told.

Cinnamon powder. Just moved into a new house, ants everywhere. Bought a large container of cinnamon powder from Tops (130 baht) dusted around the house inside and out, 24 hours later not an ant to be seen. A Great natural pesticide.

I have live here in Thailand for almost 9 years and never really had a problem with ants. Knock on wood.

Attached is where the GPS coords for the chemical company show up in Google Earth.

I got rid of the ants, now how do I get rid of the uncles?

Very interesting. I might have to give it a try one of these days....if I can find some Borax. Those little yellow pellet things (in the clear green container) doesn't work too well.

Yes, thats what I have.

They are useless. I will find some borax somewhere, I will just have to ask some Thai friends.

But how do you say Borax in Thai?

I found this site that sells borax http://www.healthfoodthailand.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=borax&x=7&y=7

How is this web purchase site working out for people?

And how well did the borax subsequently work?

Edit, I see that the site is working for people. I will try this borax out and post the results. Right now I have an ant problem like NEVER before. It is amazing, I have never seen this many, even when camping etc. Something has got to give :)

What is it about Borax which makes it work?

Does it kill them off, or scare them off?

How dangerous is it to pets and humans?

Why doesn't someone tell an expat market like Villa that there IS a demand for Borax in retail stores in Thailand? It's weird that basic and very useful product like Borax is so hard to buy here.

Ditto ammonia and whole bean coffee.

Not sure why you think it needs to dissolve in water ? Just sprinkle it around where the ants seem to originate from

I've heard that borax works on most insects, cockroaches, termites etc. It attacks their exoskeletons and all insects have exoskeletons and I can easily find borax at my local chemical supply shop, but in a crystal form and not easy to desolve in water. Any tips??

What is it about Borax which makes it work?

Does it kill them off, or scare them off?

How dangerous is it to pets and humans?

It can't be very toxic to mammals. It is used in the US as a laundry booster, as a foot soak to kill fungus and as a fiberglass shower wash to kill fungus.

It does for a fact kill ants and other insects. I'm not sure how and I've heard reasons debated. Some say that it destroys the digestive microorganisms much as it kills fungus and others say it is the sharp nature of the mineral part that does it. Whatever it is, it works. It's for sale in grocery and hardware stores.

The much earlier joke where the poster said, in response to where to get it, "I get mine delivered by a 20 mule team" was a clever reference to the original brand name. I had to hit the "like" button.

Here's one link to see it. Link