Sign in to follow this  
Lite Beer

Shuttle Service Don Mueang-Suvarnabhumi Airports Starts Oct 1

So I assume the bus is wheelchair accessible.

Don't assume that at all. The AOT has contracted the BMTA to supply some of the newer (now oldish) Isuzu/Daewoo orange BMTA buses. If you read through the very extensive tripadvisor pre 1 Oct trip report, linked on the previous page, you can view many pics.

http://www.flickr.co...N04/8023873930/ (as you can see, NOT wheelchair accessible)

http://www.flickr.co...N04/8023870020/

For the very lazy, here is a pic of the type of bus being used:

P1000675b.jpg

Note: this pic below is NOT the Airport Shuttle Bus, just an image of the same type of bus being used. Don't jump on an 84 thinking that it travels between the airports.

Edited by Lakegeneve

I took the free airport shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang on 22nd Dec 2012. Very convenient. A good air con bus with lots of space for bags too.

It's between gate 2 and gate 3 on the 2nd floor of the Suvarnabhumi Airport. There's a family mart just inside gate 2 - good for a quick snack/drink.

They did ask to see our tickets for our connecting flight.

We took the 10 am bus and since it was peak holiday time the bus was full - every single seat taken and many others queued up for the next bus. The driver was helpful in getting peoples bags on board too. The drive took us 55 minutes and it was a 2 minute walk to the check in counters at DM.

A super smooth journey! Highly recommended

Here is the schedule for the rides - the same schedule applies for Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang & vice versa

05:00, 06:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 10:40, 11:20, 12:00,12:40,13:20, 14:00, 14:20, 15:00, 15:20, 16:00, 16:20, 17:00,17:20, 18:00, 18:20, 19:00, 19:20, 19:40, 20:00, 20:20, 20:40, 21:00, 21:30, 22:00, 23:00, 24:00

post-171758-0-27404600-1357129755_thumb.

• Like 1

Travelled from DM to Swampy yesterday (Saturday) at 15.00 and the shuttle was packed with the aisle full of standing people and luggage.

Bright note he did the trip in 40 mins !

• Like 1

Where do you get on at Suwannaphum? The Transportation Centre or the Terminals?

Where do you get on at Suwannaphum? The Transportation Centre or the Terminals?

At the Terminal.

You have the full details in post #33 above!!! Perhaps, check your eyesight before taking the bus ;)

Edited by Lakegeneve

You board the shuttle at Gate 3 of the Arrival level of Suvarnabhumi.

Took the shuttle from Suvarnabhumi to Don Meung. Took 50 mins, as there was a traffic jam at 1 of toll.

I am not sure whether there had been worst jam than that, but do give yourself around 70 mins allowance for the shuttle ride in your itinerary planning.

Edited by eyz

I have an inbound Malaysian Airlines flight arriving late morning and an unrelated (booking) AirAsia flight that afternoon to Surat.

Does this qualify me for the transit bus?

I will be joined by a local person who's name also appears on the AirAsia ticket.

Do they also qualify?

In other words, will simply showing AirAsia tickets get us on the shuttle?

Edited by rockyysdt

I have an inbound Malaysian Airlines flight arriving late morning and an unrelated (booking) AirAsia flight that afternoon to Surat.

Does this qualify me for the transit bus?

I will be joined by a local person who's name also appears on the AirAsia ticket.

Do they also qualify?

In other words, will simply showing AirAsia tickets get us on the shuttle?

Yes, this will get you on to the shuttle bus.

They are checking all passengers for tickets now.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_918D

I get into sunanrpaum airport at around 12.00 midnight, and need to to fly from Don Muang at 06.10 on the 8th of feb, as you can see i have a 6 hour wait so i am in no rush are there bus shuttle services at this time, because some of the threads are saying that the bus service finishes at 12.00.

If nor how much should i pay a taxi, they charged me 1600b last time i think that was too much,

Thanks in advance

I get into sunanrpaum airport at around 12.00 midnight, and need to to fly from Don Muang at 06.10 on the 8th of feb, as you can see i have a 6 hour wait so i am in no rush are there bus shuttle services at this time, because some of the threads are saying that the bus service finishes at 12.00.

If nor how much should i pay a taxi, they charged me 1600b last time i think that was too much,

Thanks in advance

Yes, whoever they are, they certainly ripped you off!

The taxi will cost you around 320-340 baht plus 125 baht expressway tolls plus 50 airport baht surcharge. (There will be very few taxis at departures after midnight so use the taxi stand downstairs)

At that time there is really no need to take the expressway if you want to save the toll fees. Trip time should be 20-35mins.

Thanks in advance

The taxi will cost you around 320-340 baht plus 125 baht expressway tolls plus 50 airport baht surcharge. (There will be very few taxis at departures after midnight so use the taxi stand downstairs)

At that time there is really no need to take the expressway if you want to save the toll fees. Trip time should be 20-35mins.

Thanks i will certainly haggle this time,,good man

Thanks in advance

Not so much haggle but:

1. If traveling after midnight, no need to use expressway as the streets are empty (you save 125 toll straight away). Just specify, "no expressway" if streets are quiet.

2. Instruct the driver, "Meter please". Using the meter guarantees cheap/fair travel. If he says, "Meter broken", step immediately out of the cab and walk to the next one.

I found cab travel using the meter is ridiculously inexpensive.

If the driver is nice you can offer a tip (why not), but this is because you want to, not because you were ripped off.

Basically it's difficult to be overcharged if the meter is used.

Edited by rockyysdt

Thanks in advance

NO, NO, NO!!! There is no need to haggle. NEVER EVER HAGGLE. You seem to be missing the main point. Act like you live in BKK, jump into the cleanest taxi you see and tell them your destination. Meter goes on. Simple and easy.

It is unlawful for a taxi driver not to turn on their meter! Any excuses, attempts to haggle or attempt to engage in a fixed price should be met with a quick exit and finding another taxi. If you are at the AOT taxi stand, then report the driver immediately to the AOT counter.

Change the dynamics. Taxis are there to serve you, you are the customer and they make good money. You do not 'request' and 'haggle'. Be polite but firm, don't take any BS. There are plenty of taxis in BKK.