BANGKOK 22 October 2018 10:25

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Tech-Savvy Thai Police To Establish L I N E Network

I hope these coppers have big batteries on their smartphones. They are going to need them. Line is a battery hog. Also not so hot for internet charges.

sent from my Q6

THAICBR can you give more info on the app developer I cant seem to narrow a Google search down.

LINE App company

I hope these coppers have big batteries on their smartphones. They are going to need them. Line is a battery hog. Also not so hot for internet charges.

sent from my Q6

THAICBR can you give more info on the app developer I cant seem to narrow a Google search down.

LINE App company

Am I reading this right?

Its basically a combination of an IM and VoIP app? I thought it was some super police app that allowed all kinds of FBI tech!

Cheers for the link.

Naver LINE works in Thai and English (and other languages), allows you to send pictures, and for the person who complained about internet charges, you really need to switch to a plan where the internet service is included.

Personally, if it's just for reporting a crime, I don't see it being a bad idea.

The question is - if we take a photo of people selling fake handbags or stuff, or the pushy DVD sellers at Pantip that are the reason why I rarely go there any more, and send it to the police LINE account, will anything actually happen?

I know it's an app that's common in Thailand, which is probably a good reason to use it (easier to report something with an app you already have). i.e. My daughter will tap away with her friends on it if she's not talking to them on Skype as it's cheaper than texting (especially if any of her friends are travelling abroad).