Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Tim Ho Wan is great.  Let's hope it's the full menu version of the restaurant like the one that used to be at Grand Indonesia mall in Jakarta.  The Tim Ho Wan at T21 in Bangkok only has a partial menu.

Not really fair to compare Hawker Chan with Tim Ho Wan.  A meal at Hawker Chan will run you just north of 100 baht.  Each plate of dim sum at Tim Ho Wan is over 100 baht.  I'll still be going to both at T21 if they are both there.

Talking of Chinese food: does anybody know where to get Crispy  Peking Duck with pancakes st al on Pattaya? lNot Cantonese roast duck. Even in Bangkok I only know the 4 seasons, im the Paragon , a London based outfit....not related to the hotel.

Had the crispy duck in that new Chinese place in Jomtiem, on the outskirts of gay town. It was OK, the duck was sliced, as opposed to the shredded, which I prefer. Overall, meal was OK for me. We had a pork & veg dish also, which was good.

2 hours ago, The manic said:

does anybody know where to get Crispy  Peking Duck with pancakes st al on Pattaya? lNot Cantonese roast duck. Even in Bangkok I only know the 4 seasons, im the Paragon , a London based outfit....not related to the hotel.

You may want to try Huang Chao in the Royal Cliff Hotel in Pratumnak Hill.  It won't be cheap but real Peking Duck never is cheap.

peking duck.jpg

Tim Ho Wan is great.  Let's hope it's the full menu version of the restaurant like the one that used to be at Grand Indonesia mall in Jakarta.  The Tim Ho Wan at T21 in Bangkok only has a partial menu.

Not really fair to compare Hawker Chan with Tim Ho Wan.  A meal at Hawker Chan will run you just north of 100 baht.  Each plate of dim sum at Tim Ho Wan is over 100 baht.  I'll still be going to both at T21 if they are both there.
It seems obvious that if Tim Ho Wan opens there that it won't be more expanded than the Bangkok one. Yes it's an expensive experience but well worth it.

I don't consider a plate of Hawker chicken rice a full meal. I suggest adding stuff like a side of the char sui and their Thai style fried tofu.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you like Thai barbeque buffets we always go to the one near the bus station and across the street on Pattaya Nua.  Great value at 199 baht and lots of variety.  

It is called Nai Por.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4005864-Reviews-NAI_POR_Inter_Buffet-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by lapd
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

You may want to try Huang Chao in the Royal Cliff Hotel in Pratumnak Hill.  It won't be cheap but real Peking Duck never is cheap.

peking duck.jpg

Yeah thats the only place i know. When in london the take away  place charge about six quid for a small portion, pancakes, sauce and greens but I've never had it in pats so don't know the price. I suspect the Royal Cliff in Pattaya only does large portions more suitable for sharing than eating alone. 

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1