Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jingthing

The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

"My "vision" for this thread is just a bunch of posts only with these mini hit and run restaurant mentions, but I understand people are probably going to want to COMMENT on the restaurants other people have mentioned. I guess we'll see how it goes (if it goes at all)."

Yawn saai.gif

• Like 1

"My "vision" for this thread is just a bunch of posts only with these mini hit and run restaurant mentions, but I understand people are probably going to want to COMMENT on the restaurants other people have mentioned. I guess we'll see how it goes (if it goes at all)."

Yawn saai.gif

What a surprise. So what's the problem? You aren't interested in hearing about interesting places to eat in Pattaya that might be new to you?

Yawn saai.gif

What a surprise. So what's the problem? You aren't interested in hearing about interesting places to eat in Pattaya that might be new to you?

Variety, in all things, is the spice of life.

• Like 1

And the first four answers are already comments :lol:

Something I found : restaurant Split in Soi Chayapruek. According to the owner the only "Yugo" in Thailand. The owner is from Yougoslavia, lived then 20 years in Germany where he was running several restaurants and came to Thailand a couple of years ago.

We had the grill platter. Not bad, maybe a tad too salty. Djuvec rice, cevapcici, all you would expect, including the yulicka after. The platter is 490 Baht, feeds two people and a three year old. post-6036-13567410788926_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

I know a good short time hotel.

108130072.jpg?v=1&g=fs1|0|VTA|30|072&s=1

Really? You guys have a ball!

Edited by Ulysses G.

And the first four answers are already comments laugh.png

Something I found : restaurant Split in Soi Chayapruek. According to the owner the only "Yugo" in Thailand. The owner is from Yougoslavia, lived then 20 years in Germany where he was running several restaurants and came to Thailand a couple of years ago.

We had the grill platter. Not bad, maybe a tad too salty. Djuvec rice, cevapcici, all you would expect, including the yulicka after. The platter is 490 Baht, feeds two people and a three year old. post-6036-13567410788926_thumb.jpg

looks very yum! ambiente acceptable to dine there with guests from abroad?

The Dutch place sounds interesting...love a good pea soup. But you failed on one of your own criteria, namely location..."near the inner jomtien police box" doesn't really cut it. Many people may not know which police box is the "inner" one or where any of the boxes are located. Is it along the strip of restos going on down along the beach from the police box adjacent to dongton beach?

• Like 1

Il Primo Sole, Beach Road between sois 5 and 6. Very nice Italian restaurant. They do all the standard Italian dishes, and a great bruschetta. Prices reasonable e.g. approx 250 baht for Penne A l'Amatriciana. Also do Pizzas, though I've not had one. Sort of a strange location as you eat in a corridor! Used to be called Al Capone.

Edited by eyebee

Il Primo Sole, Beach Road between sois 5 and 6. Very nice Italian restaurant. They do all the standard Italian dishes, and a great bruschetta. Prices reasonable e.g. approx 250 baht for Penne A l'Amatriciana. Also do Pizzas, though I've not had one. Sort of a strange location as you eat in a corridor! Used to be called Al Capone.

Sounds interesting...thanks for the tip. One other thing I feel people should mention is if the place has enclosed air-con seating. In this climate, this is a make or break issue for many. For Il Primo, is their corridor air-conditioned?

And the first four answers are already comments laugh.png

looks very yum! ambiente acceptable to dine there with guests from abroad?

it's a shop house, I'd say okay to bring guests, but it's not the Ritz really. Added bonus for you :the menu is in German.