Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Foreign Mafia Running Pattaya

Typical American.........they think that all crime is some kind of organized.

Conspiracy theories and maffia.............problem with Pattaya is, that most crimes are NOT organized.

Here we go again, "Reds Under the Bed", the Americans were at it first, now they Russians are pushing them out.

It was twilight, and I didn't know what to expect as I arrived by car to Pattaya, Thailand.

Really? What sort of idiot goes all the way to Pattaya without doing any research? But then again doing research would not have had the same 'shocking' effect, would it?

Bars, ladies, sex, prostitutes !!! Oh, the horror of it all!

Yeah...we'd be better stay in the bankrupt West and watch gay marriages on tv.....or kowtow to the priests of global warming..

• Like 1

Typical American.........they think that all crime is some kind of organized.

Conspiracy theories and maffia.............problem with Pattaya is, that most crimes are NOT organized.

You may be correct, but I wonder how you know this for sure? I doubt that the sex industry in Thailand, or anywhere, is not "organized" and heavily so.

Sex tourism is a multi-billion dollar industry and a key element in the underground trade of human trafficking!

And this why the Thai authorities will not go in with all guns blazing, plus the so-called human trafficking in many cases means, prostitutes that are willing and able to travel far and wide in order to sell their services believing they are going to make big money within the illegal sex industry. Most are fully aware as to what is involved and expected of them, they only cry sex slave when the job does not work out.

The issue here is that the Western media is bringing the attention of the Thailand sex market to the public and the Thailand government is making gesticulations that they are trying to tackle the problem in order to appease the critics of the criminal gang and corrupt officials run sex scene in Pattaya.

If the Thai authorities were truly serious about remedying the problem, than they would simply closed down the sex establishments and deport the foreign undesirables.

That must be an old picture of Walking St, haven't seen that much space there at nightime for a long time.

Struggling to place it actually.

I have lived here for some years and am unfamiliar with The Chocolate Butterfly Bar.

Who cares which mafia runs Pattaya.

As long as they stay there.

Have you been in Chiang Mai recently? There are many Russian tourists now. Maybe when the word gets back to Pattaya, a few "Dons" might take a peek at the scene here. I don't think they will find much here, though, as the sex and drug scene is very low key. I know nothing about the drug situation, of course, because i'm not so stupid that I would buy or use anything but alcohol. But the sex scene is evident to anyone walking around the old town. Mostly older, unattractive ladies, past their prime. The young and pretty ones head south.

Having lived in Pattaya on and off for years, I see little evidence that Russian mafia are starting to controlling the nightlife, most of the bars and gogo's don't even like them as customers.They may be running the Russian tour industry, and may even be supplying girls to that, but that's about it. The only Russian venues on WS have Russian girls working, not Thai

Never heard of the Chocolate Butterfly Bar, neither has Google

Edited by bartender100
  • Like 1

This is a typical shallow report similar to those of around 20 years ago from UK TV channels about Patpong, Nana & Soi Cowboy. 'The girls are poor, some forced into prostitution, some under aged, pimps exploiting them', etc etc etc.

A real investigation would be a proper look into the Kamnan Po family mafia who control the whole bloody province. The so-called Russian mafia is a minor player - if such a thing really exists (the story certainly doesn't prove it).

I suppose this sort of 'journalism' sells to those who don't know better.

• Like 1

"To have a girl in Pattaya for the night, where she spends the whole night with you, that's it; she's yours," Jim said. "It's, you know, you're buying a girl for the night. That's what you're doing. That's what's so nice, and she has to do whatever you ask her to do."

Yeah sure, and if you don't believe that I will tell you some more porkies.

the decision to work in the red-light district is sometimes accepted by friends and family.

Sometimes it is, or is it that they are encouraged MOST of the times.

Remember he said his wife is an ex bargirl so it may have her telling him whatever to make him feel better for marrying her.

Bargirl or not Bargirl. There are not much differences. Every lady hope to get some benefits, not only the bargirls. BTW it's in the westernworls the same. No girl would stray with a "loser"

This article is nearly total garbage. If you are interested in understanding the relationship between the Thai police and the Russian 'Mafia' well, you won't find it here. If you need to know the nationalities of the users of sex services, you won't find it here. If you really want to get a grip on why and who is employed as a sex worker in Thailand, you won't find it here. This kind of journalism is crafted and directed to the smug hypocrite demographic and serves as 'shocking expose' for the witless, gullible and ignorant. I'm sure the pay is OK though.

• Like 1

Pattaya is a disgusting toilet. I honestly have no idea why anyone besides a creepy sex tourist would want to visit there.

What an incredibly narrow minded and ignorant statement. There are many other things to do in the Pattaya area rather than visiting bars and hookers and there are many Expats that are happily married, with families who like living in the area. I know because I am one of them.

I am not allowed to post a link, but try Googling 50 things to do in Pattaya you might just be surprised.

I think Thomas has led a very sheltered life, and probably hails from the Bible Belt.

yea anybody who hates Pattaya must be from the bible belt. LOL. Are you seriously this ignorant? Pattaya is a disgusting sewage pit. Anybody raising children around there needs their head examined

Pattaya is the only place i stay in Thailand. Better here than somewhere in Nakon Nowhere or in sticky Bangkok. Pattaya is the Best in South East Asia. It's the Action here. Somebody likes and somebody don't likes. Doesn't matter i didn't came here to have a family life. Family life i could habe 25 years ago in Switzerland, but i didn't want it. Everybody haves a different mind and different way of life. That's the way it is. But than again all the life in Pattaya can not be. Therefore i go at least once or twice to my Homecountry in Switzerland. It's wonderful there.

The low price of sex in Pattaya's red-light district is a draw for many sex tourists. It is often as low as eight US dollars.

eight dollars = 240 Baht?

often = regulary?

Where?

Sounds the author knows exactly the going prices.

Brilliant research