Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billaaa777

The Best Breakfast In Jomtien

66 posts in this topic

I live right across the street from the Continental Bakery and they serve a real good breakfast, but they are only second best.

The best breakfast in Jomtien is the buffet at the Cowboy Bar, which cost 150 Baht.

Sorry, but the road it is located on does not have a street sign.

It is on the street right after Soi 7 if you are heading down beach road towards Sattahip. It is a dead-end road with a hotel at the end of it so you cannot drive all the way through. Maybe somebody will know the name of the hotel or street.

First, they have fully cooked bacon not that partially cooked stuff that 99% of the restaurants serve here that is all fat. The bacon is the really thick expensive kind.

Second, it is the only buffet that has cheese that I have found. Third, they have an omelet bar.

What I do is get some bacon, cheese, onions, green peppers, salami, and tomatoes and have them make me a three egg omelet. It is great, the best omelet in the city.

Note, they have ingredients at the omelet bar, but unless you pick your out your own from the buffet, the omelet is not nearly as good.

They breads and rolls they serve are pretty good, and the home fries are not bad. They also have all the typical stuff like fresh fruit, coffee, and juice.

1 person likes this

Try Richman Poorman in Soi 9. There's a complete breakfast menu.

I believe the one the OP is talking about is on Soi Whitehouse. The Whitehouse now is the Splendid Hotel.

On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies. There is a chef who cooks your eggs to your liking, The bacon is great also and they have cereals, juices and fresh milk also. It is my favorite and stays open until noon for a brunch.

The Whitehouse now is the Splendid Hotel.

That is it, I looked at the hotel sign when I was leaving the street and it was a little difficult to read.

On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is

Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies.

I will have to try it out and report back.

Try Richman Poorman in Soi 9. There's a complete breakfast menu.

I looked at their menu it doesn't look like it is in the same league as the Cowboy Bar.

The "Build Your Own OMELETTE” cost 40 Baht more and it does not come with coffee, juice, fresh fruit, and everything else they have.

Bistro Oscars is still open. I like Ogara's on Pratumnak Rd, small breakfast is 110 baht and large is 150 baht.

Bistro Oscars is still open. I like Ogara's on Pratumnak Rd, small breakfast is 110 baht and large is 150 baht.

O'Gara's at the Tara Court is a favorite also. Good breakfast, tableclothes, airconditioning, classy surroundings and service at a reasonable price.smile.png

1 person likes this

On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies. There is a chef who cooks your eggs to your liking, The bacon is great also and they have cereals, juices and fresh milk also. It is my favorite and stays open until noon for a brunch.

Thanks! I will check it out , a real Scandinavian breakfast is excactly what I need.

Oscar's is definitely still open and also has proper cheese. It's the best breakfast buffet I know of in Jomtien but I haven't tried those other two yet.

They will be on my to-do list for early next week.smile.png

Simple Simons Soi 5 for a nice English breakfast with bottomless tea or coffee, still at 120 Baht.

Not a buffet but good value, but like most open air places though smokers can be a problem if seated nearbye.

BW

1 person likes this

"On the same side as the Cowboy Bar but further along is the Damnark Hotel which has a great buffet breakfast for 160 baht. It is Scandanavian style with deli meats, cheeses, potatoes, breads, plus several Thai dishes for the ladies. There is a chef who cooks your eggs to your liking, The bacon is great also and they have cereals, juices and fresh milk also. It is my favorite and stays open until noon for a brunch."

I second this recommendation. "Danish meatballs," quality bacon, eggs to order, homestyle potatoes, lots of extras, including Thai food. My only complaint would be the orange drink stuff, but I guess at 160 baht all-in a single patron could drink more than 160 baht worth of real orange juice. I stick to water or milk (no extra charge).

I believe the one the OP is talking about is on Soi Whitehouse. The Whitehouse now is the Splendid Hotel.

I really enjoy the Danmark buffet, great B'fast and a lovely little garden type place in the morning. Take a paper and have a pleasurable hour.

I really enjoy the Danmark buffet, great B'fast and a lovely little garden type place in the morning. Take a paper and have a pleasurable hour.

I too would recommend the Dannmark buffet just wish they would improve the coffee but maybe that is just my taste in coffee.