MrZM

Mr T Taxi

Hi all,

Will be returning to pattaya in 10 days.

Please can someone give me the number for Mr T Taxis, who are located on Soi Diana.

Thanks

Mr T.

Tel: 038 720318

Mobile: 0812587716 (0813513612)

Email: [email protected]

How do you pay the likes of Mr T given the huge amount of police activity and fining of private car owners for carrying passengers? If stopped by the police do I lie like and say the driver is my best friend who is taking me for free (yea, right) or what? I don't care who takes me to where I'm going so long as the driver is in a reasonable car and doesn't drive like Michael Shumacher with a phone glued to his ear.

I use a private taxi service every 2 weeks or more to the airport and never have problems they drop me off out front of door 1 in the view of airport police etc and pick me up outside door 3 and never any problems. even at the toll gates when the police are standing there to collect tea money again never stopped in more than 3 years.

• Like 1

Mr T.

Tel: 038 720318

Mobile: 0812587716 (0813513612)

Email: [email protected]

How do you pay the likes of Mr T given the huge amount of police activity and fining of private car owners for carrying passengers? If stopped by the police do I lie like and say the driver is my best friend who is taking me for free (yea, right) or what? I don't care who takes me to where I'm going so long as the driver is in a reasonable car and doesn't drive like Michael Shumacher with a phone glued to his ear.

Mate I've used him numerous times and have never had a problem. Mr t does not drive himself but has contract drivers who use cars owned by Mr T, if the guy is a cowboy and driving too fast just tell him to slow down its always worked for me.

If you do have a problem talk to Mr T direct, explain the problem and he'll take care of it. The last thing he wants is to have unhappy customers and lose business.

In regards to your 1st and 2nd sentence, I've never been pulled over by the BIB. If the guy is driving too fast then he cops the fine.

• Like 1

I have used Mr. Taxi both for myself and various friends over one dozen times in recent months and I have used his service for some years. Never once a problem and the price is very reasonable.

The amount of people who rave about an illegal taxi operator amazes me...

These are people who don't have insurance cover for emergency treatment should you find yourself in a mangled wreck on highway 7 on the way to Pattaya.

These are people who your travel insurance company DO NOT consider to be public transport, should you ever wish to make a claim.

And worst of all, these may actually be people who DO NOT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENCE.

If ithe car is not a taxi meter or does not have number plates with a green backround... they are private vehicles, just like your car back home.

Edited by Satcommlee
  • Like 2

this website has a lady driver and courteous and proficient drivers on all routes.

this website has a lady driver and courteous and proficient drivers on all routes.

Yeah right... if you want to be ripped off and pay 2'000 Baht for BKK to Pattaya...

• Like 1

Yeah right... if you want to be ripped off and pay 2'000 Baht for BKK to Pattaya...

I happily pay 3,000 for AOT limo every time I come into BKK, there is no messing around trying to find the driver, the drivers are ok, the cars are in good condition & they have full insurance!

• Like 1

So, if I telephone a TAXI, and someone comes to pick me up, am I supposed to check his license plate? Do all REAL taxis have insurance? I am guessing that there is no way we can know if this taxi and driver are insured, so the private taxi is just about as good. Are all the baht bus drivers insured? Are all the local bus drivers insured? I doubt it, since they quite often do a run, after an accident.

Has anyone been in a private taxi, when the police stop them? Has anyone had to pay?