Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Tesco Lotus Launches Online Grocery

joecos    17

I used this service three times last month and time of delivery was well within the 2 hour window specified. Very good website and at 60 baht less cost than a tlo

But look at the exercise you have missed.

Markaew    533

Smart move. You can bypass their rude employees.

The only thing I would be concerned about is they would unload their older merchandise on you.

SGD    249

Any Somchai can pick his nose as he selects your chicken scraps from the open tray and then leaves them in the back of a non air-conditioned van for half a day as he negotiates Bangkok's traffic.

Top idea !

Raesum    42

To be honest i am having a hard time even finding the home page.I would like to check it out as I have a friend who is sometimes house-bound and also can't carry heavy packages.Sounds like a great service for 60 baht.Do they deliver the Mont Clair wine casks as well?

Fullstop    1,091

Actually, there's a thought. If they deliver booze outside the legal alcohol trading hours, say 10 am, are they breaking the law?

bangarang    293

300bt ??? For a online shop ?

More like a BMW Fleet for all CE* tongue.png

You obviously dont realize what it takes for a large corporation to implement something of this magnitude. So much research and development goes into it. A company like Tesco cant just hire a freelancer from online.

To be honest i am having a hard time even finding the home page.I would like to check it out as I have a friend who is sometimes house-bound and also can't carry heavy packages.Sounds like a great service for 60 baht.Do they deliver the Mont Clair wine casks as well?

I didnt see any booze sold on the online page. Link is here: http://shoponline.tescolotus.com

ppmacready    413

The only thing I would be concerned about is they would unload their older merchandise on you.

Its managed by Falang who want to be the leaders.

Can't see the mum and pop stores being happy about this!

Great Idea ..Absolutely ..

And its Dam easy to see why its working so well . If you are in Town ..How do you get back with all that Stuff ??

Tesco is great I reckon ..and I will certainly use this , makes really good sense .

technologybytes    2,129

Is this a late April Fool story?

The online shopping website is hidden so well that it takes real determination to even find it, then the english language only partially works, the images are tiny and dont zoom or expand, the whole website has a real amateur feel to it.

I make a living from building catalog websites, if I was the person who built this i'd give up and start looking for another job.

I have yet to see any Thai website that both works, has no errors, and is up to date.

Fullstop    1,091

I have yet to see any Thai website that both works, has no errors, and is up to date.

I've noticed the same thing. The government and school ones are the worst.

Markaew    533

Its managed by Falang who want to be the leaders.

Can't see the mum and pop stores being happy about this!

They want to expand their business if that means being a leader then I suppose it fits.

I still think it's a smart move.

Markaew    533

I didnt see any booze sold on the online page. Link is here: http://shoponline.tescolotus.com

Delivery of cold beer could make them a fortune.