Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ubonrthai

Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

I am informed that Ubon Watsudu will build a branch out opposite the new Courthouse, next to or very close to the PTT Petrol station. Up this end of town there definitely will be a choice of hardware stores from Home Mart Srimahachai, Home Hub, Thai Watsadu, Global House and now Ubon Watsudu.

Then we have for interior shopping, Home Pro and opposite them the old Ruam Sim Thai which I like for reasonably priced electrical appliances.

I only wish that more was put into repairs and maintenance than into construction of new buildings.

Sirimongkol Property out of Sisaket owns a large chunk of the land behind the Central parking lot and across the road from it. They have a sales office open now with nothing to sell yet. The lady said they'd have a web site, brochures and more info in June. She says there will be a new housing development, condo, market, stores and Nariknakun is building an international school. Those were her words. I asked about Bangkok hospital and she said she's not sure if it's near there for sure or not. If old news is correct though, it's very likely to be somewhere in Ubon. Ubon Rak hospital is also going to be expanding with 2 new buildings. Where? Not sure. There is also supposed to be a BMW dealer behind Central.

post-103222-0-49297900-1369301564_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

They are building a private hospital next to us in Kham yai and opposite there is going to be a new police station. Lost going on around us at the moment. New housing development across the chayangkul rd 70+ rai I hear to be started by Mrs Sunee if it goes ahead. I guess it will as all the businesses around there have been kicked out before land is cleared.

Edited by jay-uk

Some construction going on at Ubon Rak Hospital, but not sure what............smile.png

They are building a private hospital next to us in Kham yai and opposite there is going to be a new police station. Lost going on around us at the moment. New housing development across the chayangkul rd 70+ rai I hear to be started by Mrs Sunee if it goes ahead. I guess it will as all the businesses around there have been kicked out before land is cleared.

Can you be more specific about where in Kham Yai the new hospital and police station will be built?

Can you be more specific about where in Kham Yai the new hospital and police station will be built?

Just at the rear of the Tata showroom. 70-100m off the main rd. Entering the village the hospital will be on the left and police station just before it on the right where there is currently forest land. They are taking trees down now for the police station and soil is going in for the hospital on a 6 rai plot just sold be our neighbour.

Edited by jay-uk

^ Lucky you didn't sell your house when you were think of it a few years ago Jay!

All this hot Bangkok money!

It'll all end in tears unless lots of hot Bangkok people move out here. With agriculture on the up there will be no rush from (the already depleted village) to town in Isaan, which is the classic engine for fuelling urban development.

Good chance there will be some nice cheap commercial and domestic properties for investment in about 5 years time I would say.

"we're all doomed captain"!

Edited by SantiSuk

^ Lucky you didn't sell your house when you were think of it a few years ago Jay!

Hi Memock...how are you mate? Hope all the family are well and you are still enjoying Ubon. Things are moving fast around town so it will be great to visit again soon to see central and a few other places that have opened up. Have a good weekend.

Jay

All this hot Bangkok money!

It'll all end in tears unless lots of hot Bangkok people move out here. With agriculture on the up there will be no rush from (the already depleted village) to town in Isaan, which is the classic engine for fuelling urban development.

Good chance there will be some nice cheap commercial and domestic properties for investment in about 5 years time I would say.

"we're all doomed captain"!

A very sobering and troublesome thought. Edited by jcb2001

Another place that has opened up on the by-pass road is Kid Chareon. It is just past Thaiwatsadu. The paint place. Big Jotun sign up. I have for many years purchased my house and fence paint from their main shop in town. These people (nearly all ladies) know their paint. They are experts.

I always buy Captain paint, Expensive, but if applied correctly should last for 20 years or more without fading or getting mould. By applying correctly I mean, never never thin the paint down by using water or thinner.

I got my house repainted 6 years ago because the constructors who were crooks did precisely this. Now after 6 years there has been no fading or mould build up on the concrete walls and absolutely no rust on the iron work on the fence.

If I'm reading this right, it looks like there is going to be a new flight from Incheon, South Korea to Ubon, Udon, Chiang Mai, Phuket & Hat Yai starting July 14.

http://www.fly8b.com

post-103222-0-24125100-1369667904_thumb.

post-103222-0-81474100-1369667905_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

If I'm reading this right, it looks like there is going to be a new flight from Incheon, South Korea to Ubon, Udon, Chiang Mai, Phuket & Hat Yai starting July 14.

http://www.fly8b.com

attachicon.gifSHcard800.jpg

attachicon.gifindex.jpg

I also read that. 19900 baht return. What is this Airline? A Korean Airline? A Thai airline? I can not find out much information at all. Must be targeting Thais only with no English Website. Or is there an English website hidden somewhere.

I really don't think these Thai flights will last very long, especially not the Ubon flight.