Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ubonrthai

Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

If Ubon accepts flights from South Korea, then an immigration bureau has to be set up at the Ubon airport to inspect arriving passengers. This is a big investment to be made by the Thai government.

I don't think there are any foreign flights currently arriving now at Ubon. Is the Thai gov't willing to expend this money for 1 flight from Korea? I don't think so as Business Air is under no obligation to continue flights if it is not a successful route. A very big gamble for AOT!

Maybe there are other airlines wanting to arrive international in Ubon. Usually, once the gate opens up for international travel at an airport, other flights follow. A tough decision for AOT.

• Like 1

The Swenson's next to Robinson on Chayangkun Rd. is being replaced by a 7-11.

post-103222-13697579689112_thumb.jpg

Edited by ubonrthai

Using data from the Department of Civil Aviation, I made a graph of passenger arrivals in Ubon. When I get more time I'll put all the airport data into a spreadsheet to compare Ubon's growth with the rest of the country and compare Isan with other regions.

post-103222-0-58061900-1369822431_thumb.

• Like 1

A very big gamble for AOT!

Is it an AOT issue or DCA issue? AOT only manages Bangkok, Phuket, Hat Yai, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.

It looks like they've already had 4 international flights this year but only 2 international passenger arrivals (people getting off plane). There have been 345 transit passengers though so I'm assuming two of these flights were just refueling or something?

Edited by ubonrthai

The Swenson's next to Robinson on Chayangkun Rd. is being replaced by a 7-11.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1369758008.234646.jpg

Just in case you can't be bothered to walk 300 metres up the road?
Mr 7-11 in Ubon who holds the franchises from CP for all the 7-11 stores in Ubon, Yasothon, Amnart and Sisaket provinces owns with his family the Ying Yong-Robinson shop and shops in and around the car-park. He operates the 7-11 franchises in the above 4 provinces, the coffee-shop/bakery in the entrance and the Spa complex on the southern end of the carpark. His older sister runs Ying Yong Robinson. I presume he thinks it is good business to open another 7-11 in place of the Swensons shop. Maybe the Minor group has decided that Central Plaza will give them a better return on their money. I am also informed that the coffee shop/bakery next to Ying Yong Robinson may close soon.

I will miss Swensons at Ying Yong Robinson because it was in a convenient location to pop into to buy ice cream cakes for birthday parties. I well remember the day Swensons first opened. I think in 1998 or thereabouts. Mrs 7-11 had brought my son back from primary school with her three sons. Swensons on opening day was giving out free ice creams. We had a treat.

Just curious, is anyone aware of an aircraft larger than a B-737 or A-320 landing at Ubon airport. Will the runway support a B-757 or 767?

In the past Thai Airways was flying A330's into Ubon. So I would think a 757 or 767 should be no problem.

Edited by ubonjoe

I did observe an USAF C-17 take off from Ubon several months ago. A very heavy and large cargo aircraft with 4 engines. But, they are designed for short field landings and take offs.

Not that 9000 feet of runway is small. I think even a B-747 could land in I that distance. The problem I see is making the u turn back to the terminal after landing. A B-737 or A320 can just barely make it.

Edited by jcb2001

Lets hope with all this stuff going on they can fix the street lights around Huai WangNong Lake, which is supposed to be an attraction, that have been out for a month, outside my place for two years. sad.png

Yesterday, I drove past Huai WangNong . There was some waterfront properties up for sale and the

asking price was 6 million baht a rai. Down the road with a asking price of 5 million. Both places had

the soil raised to prevent flooding. Unfortunately, the runoff will lead to their neighbours land.