Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmym40

Bb Guns - Pistols

38 posts in this topic

Are they legal to own?

Where can you buy?

Thanks.

According to what I read you have to have a permit even for an air gun . Thats even for a Thai person ......

they are legal and do not require a permit if it is 400 fps and below and shoot plastic bb's...these type usually use a can of compressed gas.

If trying to get rid of birds, most Thais use these. Here is one of several sites that offer them to get an idea of pricing. Thailand Airsoft

SlingShot_L1.jpg

According to what I read you have to have a permit even for an air gun . Thats even for a Thai person ......

That's correct.

BB guns seem still to be legal but many outlets have stopped selling them. I've seen them in the trash shops on beach Road, Pattaya.

There were several shops in Mae Sae that sold them. For real air guns that would kill rats cost about 9000 baht, but I didn't ask about the legality because I didn't want r need a gun that bad. The plastic pellet air guns were available in several shops but they have no practical value other than shooting targets and I doubt if they are very accurate.

BB guns are not accurate enough for worthwhile target shooting. The only use I found for mine was to give a sting to dogs coming onto our property. They would leave quickly but return later.

Some gunshops in Bangkok sell them.Some are quite powerful.

Cross the Narawhat bridge coming from Thai Pa Gate go to the second stop lite and turn left. There was a sign pointing down a street on the right hand side of the street before you get to the British Consulate. It was in such a position that you could not see it coming from the other direction.

It said BB guns and had an arrow pointing down the street. I never went to see what it was all about but I was curious.

I still have my 50 year old Daisy Red Rider! (and haven't shot my eye out,yet)

BB guns are still a blast to play with.

Go to Seacom Square and there are about half a dozen shops upstairs selling bb guns/airguns and some paintball guns. A mate of mine had a shop there selling them but i haven't seen him for about six months so i don't know if he is still there.

Thanks all. I just need the bb gun to shoot at the pigeons and the barking dogs that come around the soi. I start looking for one and try to find the place "dolly" mentioned.

1 person likes this

ooooppppps sorry folks , Chiang Mai forum , not Bangkok - ignore previous post . Seacom is in Bangkok .

Thanks all. I just need the bb gun to shoot at the pigeons and the barking dogs that come around the soi. I start looking for one and try to find the place "dolly" mentioned.

Please let us [or me by PM] if you do find a shop that sells them. What I would really like to find is a Binjamin pump air pistol that shoots lead pellets....very accurate and you can adjust the power by how many pumps. Great fun to plink cans. promise I won't kill anything with it.

To shoot at dogs and pigeons?

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

Be careful about pellets going outside the boundary of your property.

ooooppppps sorry folks , Chiang Mai forum , not Bangkok - ignore previous post . Seacom is in Bangkok .

Crap and I was half way there.smile.png

I remember seeing several shops across the border in Tachelok (sp?) selling extra strong springs to 'modify' BB and pellet guns.

If trying to get rid of birds, most Thais use these. Here is one of several sites that offer them to get an idea of pricing. Thailand Airsoft

SlingShot_L1.jpg

If you hit anything with that chances are you've practiced plenty...

This is the one you need to buy, anyone know where?

post-23543-0-05139600-1370176109_thumb.j