Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
NCC1701A

Does anyone know what part of Chiang Mai Marc Farber lives in?

NCC1701A    9,641

I don't want his address of course posted in the forum, I was just wondering what part of town? Does anybody know?

NCC1701A    9,641

well i was just trying to find out what part of town he is in. Not exactly where.

Edited by NCC1701A

NCC1701A    9,641

thanks got it.

my logic here, and I may not be correct, is I wanted to see where I could live in Chiang Mai if money was no issue. So I am thinking Mr. Farber might be in a nice area.

mesquite    3,415

From the movie, "There's Something about Mary"

SULLY: Stalker, huh?
HEALY: Big time.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 2

orang37    882

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun NCC1701A,

After reflection, I wish to apologize for my first response to you, which I think was "unkind," and inconsiderate.

I have reported that first response to the moderators, and asked them to remove it.

Asking where a good neighborhood is to live, here in Chiang Mai, where to look for certain types of housing, are certainly frequent topics here: while you may have asked that question in a rather "oblique" way, I think you deserve reasonable replies.

imho, to give a reasonable reply to such a question, I would need a little more information about the type of lifestyle you wish to lead, what your needs, and preferences are.

You could be in one of the most beautiful, and expensive, condos, or whatever, in Chiang Mai, and still be "driven crazy" by the sounds of construction during the day, or howling packs of dogs at night, or neighbors-from-hell who karaoke drunkenly at top-volume into the wee-hours.

On the other hand, you might enjoy living in the midst of the busy, crowded, Nimmanheiman area, or be bored out of your wits living in the 'burbs.

good luck, ~o:37;

properjob    64

I knew, and often photographed, a Marc Faber in Hongkong in the nineties. He was a financial industry expert whose nickname was Dr Doom because he took a much more realistic, pragmatic view of the markets than that of many of his more excitable, manipulative colleagues. Might be the same guy?