Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
NCC1701A

Does anyone know what part of Chiang Mai Marc Farber lives in?

I really must get out of my cave more often. Who is Marc Farber and, more importantly, why should I care?

You should care - he is none other than Chiang Mai's own Goldfinger...

Well, he'd better hope that Bond, James Bond doesn't show up here. You know what happened the last time.

David

Several months ago, they had Faber on CNBC, and replayed his bold doomsday predictions of the last five years. He couldn't have been more wrong.

Several months ago, they had Faber on CNBC, and replayed his bold doomsday predictions of the last five years. He couldn't have been more wrong.

Now I know who you mean - predicted 6 of the last 2 recessions if I'm correct.

• Like 2

Several months ago, they had Faber on CNBC, and replayed his bold doomsday predictions of the last five years. He couldn't have been more

Double post

Edited by Konini

Now I know who you mean - predicted 6 of the last 2 recessions if I'm correct.

you mean being right but being early simply means that you are wrongw00t.gif

I like Marc. Get his newsletter and it's always an interesting read and thought provoking. I subscribed after seeing him at the clsa forum around 10 years ago. If you get a chance he did a pretty interesting interview on cnbc i think it was on Asian women, it was highly entertaining. Some part of me also has a bit of respect for a man rocking a pony tail whilst being completely bald on top.

OB

• Like 1

No, meaning he has been completely bearish since dow 8000; and now it's close to 18,000. But, yes, people who continuously predict doom and gloom are eventually right. He also called for gold to be up 30% this year....

Yes. He and Jim Rogers are birds of a feather but somewhat entertaining at least and provide some balance to the cnbc cheerleaders. Rogers has been a massive China bull for 10 years and been dead wrong until this year. Still a billionaire though....Fabers gold call was horrific but it think it was more personal between himself and Bernanke

OB

I don't think he could carry Professor Roger's jockstrap. George Soros might be a better comparison. Both would jump into bed with Hillary (or Bill) if they had a chance. Less cheer-leading on Bloomberg, and it's free.

I knew, and often photographed, a Marc Faber in Hongkong in the nineties. He was a financial industry expert whose nickname was Dr Doom because he took a much more realistic, pragmatic view of the markets than that of many of his more excitable, manipulative colleagues. Might be the same guy?

Yes the same man Dr Mark Faber the contrarian investor.

The Mark Faber the investor is 68