Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manarak

Norwegian beaten to death, soi 7 Pattaya

paddyjenkins    1,107

Please could people forward this story to the local papers in their home country, for example the Daily Mail in the UK etc. This violent abuse and murder of foreigners by Thais who act with arrogance and impunity, as if foreigners are sub human, it has to be reported. Thailand has to be shown for what it is and Thais have to be shown for what they are until they learn to be accountable for the actions of their own people.

bulmercke    24

"Twenty-one year old Norwegian male beaten to death in Pattaya - Soi 7 - by a gang of katoey ladyboys. Apparently the victim suffered a fatal blow to the temple with a stiletto heel. (MiracleThailand/John Le Fevre)"

Anyone know for sure the nationality of the victim? Thanks.

monkeycountry    2,103

Ladyboys are people, not "things" and maybe if the lad had been a little more secure in his own sexuality and a little less homophobic, he would still be alive. (Assuming the reports of a death are true.)

So if a male stranger starts touching your penis and you tell him to **********, then you are homophobic and insecure in your sexuality? In that case I think you will find that 99% of men in the world are homophobic and insecure in their sexuality.

cardholder    980

Ladyboys are people, not "things" and maybe if the lad had been a little more secure in his own sexuality and a little less homophobic, he would still be alive. (Assuming the reports of a death are true.)

However, whatever precipitated the confrontation, such violence is inexcusable and one hopes that the suspects are found and prosecuted according to law.

Your post is offensive in the extreme.

To even suggest that the young man contributed to his own demise by being "a little more secure in his own sexuality" is crass stupidity.

He was clearly secure in his own sexuality and told the transexual to "F#@$ off" - that seems very clear to me.

The fact that you obviously support the actions of these pathetic pieces of human garbage, makes you no better than them.

kingalfred    2,216

However, whatever precipitated the confrontation, such violence is inexcusable and one hopes that the suspects are found and prosecuted according to law.

perhaps you shouldnt post that a male is not secure about his sexuality if a low life transexual touches him somewhere they have no business,you have a weird definition of homophobia. PS clearly OMG has become part of the pattaya lowlife mindset.

KittenKong    8,585

There are some very unpleasant people posting in this thread. I think there is a big correlation in the change in attitude of Thai people to farangs and the increase in numbers of these aggressive, bigoted and narrow-minded farangs. Such a shame that they are here and not back in farangland where they belong.

Over the decades I've had all sorts of weird and wonderful people in Thailand trying to do things to me that I didnt really fancy, and I have never needed to do anything more than smile and say "no thanks" for it to stop.

jbrain    2,816

There are some very unpleasant people posting in this thread. I think there is a big correlation in the change in attitude of Thai people to farangs and the increase in numbers of these aggressive, bigoted and narrow-minded farangs. Such a shame that they are here and not back in farangland where they belong.

Over the decades I've had all sorts of weird and wonderful people in Thailand trying to do things to me that I didnt really fancy, and I have never needed to do anything more than smile and say "no thanks" for it to stop.

I'm sure you have read the stories in the past on this forum about the foreigners that did something the lady didn't fancy in Lucifer Disco and Soi 7, and what the outcome was of that.

If you don't know the stories, I mention only 2 but there are more, I can confirm that it didn't end with a smile and that the lady also wasn't murdered.

Jiu-Jitsu    1,033

Please could people forward this story to the local papers in their home country, for example the Daily Mail in the UK etc. This violent abuse and murder of foreigners by Thais who act with arrogance and impunity, as if foreigners are sub human, it has to be reported. Thailand has to be shown for what it is and Thais have to be shown for what they are until they learn to be accountable for the actions of their own people.

This act, however abhorrent and regardless of how angry it makes me....I'm not altogether sure that it is to do with being a foreigner. Perhaps more to do with the lowlife involved.

I have also seen ridiculous Thai on Thai(or at least from the region) violence. The lowlife that struck the blow should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Woody1    486

Tell / remind his parents of your, "live and let live" attitude. Should make a great epitaph!!

They ARE, "THINGS"!!! How many more unprovoked pickpocket occurances, random beatings, necklace snatches, safety deposit box thefts, etc, do you need to see, witness, hear about, before your deluded likeness / support of these, "THINGS" will it take for you to understand that you have an an affinity to something that is not normal! I can't remember one decent Thai male or female that trust anyone of the, "THINGS" over the past 13 years! Especially late at night in Pattaya!

brabo2180    107

A waste of a young life here.

But what hasn't been discussed is the violent way many Thai (and not only ladyboys) react to a 'F$ck You' or 'F$ck Off'.

Many tourists don't know that they are risking their lifes when using these phrases.

Same as showing "the finger" in traffic. Many Thai see red and show a violent reaction.

People have been shot at for showing "the finger".

It is in no way an excuse, but probably this katoey reacted violently to the 'F$uck Off' from the farang and his fellow katoeys just joined in beating the poor guy without knowing what really happened.

krisb    5,914

Please nobody blame the victim here, OK? Posted Image

Well he was beaten to death!! Savagely beaten after sexual assault. Who's at fault?

Woody1    486

Please nobody blame the victim here, OK? w00t.gif

Well he was beaten to death!! Savagely beaten after sexual assault. Who's at fault?
Krisb, If I'm not mistaken, I think you may have misunderstood JT's point??