Thailand Forum
golfmadstudent

Shocking Price Rises At Phoenix Golf Club Pattaya

bartpix    25

The "New" management have been avoiding the old members since the takeover in 2013. Instead of talking with the existing members and discussing where "Phoenix" could grow and prosper. The "New" management decided to ignore and isolate the existing members, nullifying their existing rights as agreed upon their joining as Members of Phoenix. A situation that interestingly has been ignored by the Pattaya Sports Club whose members are Phoenix Members along with a number of Pattaya Golf Societies.

thinkingman    17

Registered to play today, then was told that former members are not welcome to play Phoenix. So they refunded my Bt2000. I didn't mind. Would prefer not to support them. Mai pen lai! Plenty of other alternatives, about all for less money and a more friendly atmosphere.

topt    1,028
4 hours ago, thinkingman said:

Would prefer not to support them. Mai pen lai! Plenty of other alternatives, about all for less money and a more friendly atmosphere.

Ummm - why did you go to play there then?

thinkingman    17

Needed a Sunday game and was desperate. Phoenix Member Group was all I could find. Lewiinski's at Green Valley was a no-show a couple of weeks ago. Plus, I have had my Phoenix caddie since 2006 and she needed the work. (I paid her full 18 hole tip on my way out.)

Members case is enmeshed in the Thai legal system, or lack thereof. Tune in next year.

Having built businesses since 1976, I always thought the objective was to keep your current customers and gain new ones. Not the way the Phoenix owner thinks. Excellent business case in how not to be successful.  I think there was as surplus cart or two after the required buggy requirement was instituted in 2013, about 100+ new buggies purchased and the place was deserted for two full years.  

Members get to play there (for now, until she changes the rules) for Bt200 per round and also pay Bt24K annually.  Also, PSC guest rates are lower than member guest rates. Shows who is valued.

Very strange!