Jump to content
Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tc101

City With Coolest Weather In Thailand

Recommended Posts

tc101    0

What major city has the coolest weather in Thailand? By "Major City" I mean a place where I will meet other english speaking retires, get high speed internet, be able to buy books in English, and join a health club where I can exercise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
udon    7
Not Ayutthaya, unless you like living in a sauna!

Agreed. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soap    201

second chaingrai

if you like the cold weather ,its very cold this morning

just getting the tailend of a storm somewhere.

you can get everything else you ask for here as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tc101    0
second chaingrai

if you like the cold weather ,its very cold this morning

just getting the tailend of a storm somewhere.

you can get everything else you ask for here as well

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be coming there first. I am going to check out Thailand for retirement. Everything I read about it sounds good except the hot weather. I see there is a Chaingrai forum here, so I will go there to learn more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary A    2,497

I think you'll find that Loei has the dubious distinction of being the coldest place in Thailand. Unfortunately you won't find many farangs or farang activities here. We don't even have a super store. :o

What major city has the coolest weather in Thailand? By "Major City" I mean a place where I will meet other english speaking retires, get high speed internet, be able to buy books in English, and join a health club where I can exercise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ulysses G.    25,571

Chiang Rai is really more of a town than a city and the weather in Chiang Mai is simular; cool in cool season, but hot in hot season.

There is LOTS more to do, see and eat in Chiang Mai with lots of book stores and good health clubs, but you can cross the street in Chiang Rai without waiting half an hour and there is much less pollution. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
svenivan    106
I think you'll find that Loei has the dubious distinction of being the coldest place in Thailand. Unfortunately you won't find many farangs or farang activities here. We don't even have a super store. :o

That sounds good to me!! But do you have any golfcourses in the region?

I think I passed Loei a couple of years ago going from Udon to Chiang Rai. It seemed to be nice, beautiful mountains etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jackr    1,594

I'm sure you could get all your looking for in Chiang Rai but it's hardly a major city. Chiang Mai knocks it on its ass and has super weather from November to March - gets down to as low as 12 or 13 degrees some nights mid-Decemberish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BKKstan    1

Nong Khai has great weather,right on the Mekong river,small town atmosphere,plenty of retired expats,golf,fitness center,better air than most,good markets,farang friendlier police and natives.no in your face nightlife,easy access, transportation wise.IMHO,the best retirement area in Thailand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Coder    0

I have lived and travelled to many destinations throughout Thailand over the years. Here's the real scoop: Thailand is hot in every season and everywhere. Take it with a grain of salt when someone says a certain city or region has cool weather. For instance, right now it is the cold season. Today's high in Bangkok is 91 and Chiang Rai is 90. Is that cool weather? Is it that much different? Of course not. In any given day of any season in any city throughout Thailand it will typically be HOT. You might find 2% of days in the year have a chill in the air, and the other 98% are sweltering heat and humidity (the humidity is the killer). And as you move to smaller cities, opportunities to spend time in air conditioned spaces goes down. In my opinion Bangkok is the coolest city in Thailand because you go from your AC residence to your AC transport to your AC destination making it one of the few places you can stay reasonably cool every day.

Some people dont' mind the heat, some acclimate, and some suffer year round. I'm kind of in that last group. Seriously, when it gets down to 85 degrees (and quite humid) you will see Thai's complain they are cold and don jackets, meanwhile I'm still sweating.

And by the way, Nong Khai will be 91 today. Great weather? :o Doh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chuchok    1
I have lived and travelled to many destinations throughout Thailand over the years. Here's the real scoop: Thailand is hot in every season and everywhere. Take it with a grain of salt when someone says a certain city or region has cool weather. For instance, right now it is the cold season. Today's high in Bangkok is 91 and Chiang Rai is 90. Is that cool weather? Is it that much different? Of course not. In any given day of any season in any city throughout Thailand it will typically be HOT. You might find 2% of days in the year have a chill in the air, and the other 98% are sweltering heat and humidity (the humidity is the killer). And as you move to smaller cities, opportunities to spend time in air conditioned spaces goes down. In my opinion Bangkok is the coolest city in Thailand because you go from your AC residence to your AC transport to your AC destination making it one of the few places you can stay reasonably cool every day. Some people dont' mind the heat, some acclimate, and some suffer year round. I'm kind of in that last group. Seriously, when it gets down to 85 degrees (and quite humid) you will see Thai's complain they are cold and don jackets, meanwhile I'm still sweating.

It is not the cold season in CM now.It's the rainy season.(wet stuff comes down! :o )November to March is the cool season, and it is quite cool with a very low humidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
svenivan    106
For instance, right now it is the cold season. Today's high in Bangkok is 91 and Chiang Rai is 90.

Today it is 19 C in Chiang Rai! (Do not belive in weatherreports!!)

We have our cold season from mid Oct to end of February (I don't know abour Bangkok, never had any cold weather there) and now it is the end of the Hot Season here in CR.

If I had stayed in BKK I probably been living in A/C but never needed it here in CR. A fan is good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 23 September 2017 03:35
Sponsors
×