Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Japan joins forces with Thailand to produce rural doctors

Japan joins forces with Thailand to produce rural doctors
By Digital Content

14041919282251.jpg

BANGKOK, July 1 -- The Thai Ministry of Public Health and Japan's Kyoto University have developed a curriculum to produce rural doctors in Thailand.

More than 4,000 doctors have so far graduated under the curriculum.

The ministry and the Center for Medical Education of Kyoto University signed an agreement for the joint project of rural doctor production at the ministry today.

Under the agreement that officially takes effect on July 1, 2014, Thailand and Japan will enhance the capabilities of programmes which produce rural doctors, exchange experts on medical research and teaching, and exchange information, experiences and researches on medical education.

In the project, the capability enhancement training will take place at the mediical education centers of 37 hospitals under the Ministry of Public Health.

Dr Songyot Chaichana, deputy permanent secretary for public health, presided over the signing, saying the Ministry of Public Health started its project to increase rural doctors in 1995 and medical students studying the project numbered 10,240 persons last year.

At present, 4,164 graduates work in their native provinces and 5,903 others are still studying.

He also said that Japan was experienced in producing local doctors that met health demands, especially those taking health care services to the elderly. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-01

How do you produce doctors?

Does that require a production line?

God, help the people in their hands!

Another line on the cheap, anything Thailand dose has to be done cheap, they can't do a job without short cuts, it's as though they are searching for something, as far as doctors go the better the qualified the better the service and diagnostic skills , how high are the qualifications for rural doctors and what is the difference between rural and city, there should not be any.coffee1.gif

Crazy headlines......4000 graduates so far...what is the course....6 weeks at a general hospital??

I went into my local hospital today for a round of wound dressing. Usually a pretty straight forward event except TODAY the staff was handing out CAKE there in the emergency room to all the rest of the staff.

Everyone and everything else went begging. They didn't even offer me any . . .

Crazy headlines......4000 graduates so far...what is the course....6 weeks at a general hospital??

Take the time to actually read the OP. The program started in 1995.

Thus, the title should have been, "Japan joined forces with Thailand to produce rural doctors 19 years ago" ??

"At present, 4,164 graduates work in their native provinces and 5,903 others are still studying."

Perhaps the 4,164 graduates need to get back to studying. I went to my local rural hospital after I fractured my ulna near the elbow. It was caused by being driven off the road by a pick up truck, while I was on my bicycle (That's another story about being qualified for the activity one is performing),

Anyway, I had to point out the fracture on the x-ray to the doctor and technician. The doctor set my cast, which crumbled in 2 days. I came back and mentioned that perhaps she needed to put more padding around my arm to absorb the moisture and thus keep the plaster dry. She told me that it wasn't the fault of the cast, but that.....Ready for this folks....farang arms are different than Asian arms and I needed a special type of plaster and would have to go to the closest big city hospital.

I went to another doctor in the hospital and he added the extra padding and the cast lasted for the 6 week duration it took for the fracture to heal.

Hopefully, the next headline will read: "Qualified Doctors Are Graduating And Providing Adequate Care in Rural Areas".

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

"At present, 4,164 graduates work in their native provinces and 5,903 others are still studying."

Perhaps the 4,164 graduates need to get back to studying. I went to my local rural hospital after I fractured my ulna near the elbow. It was caused by being driven off the road by a pick up truck, while I was on my bicycle (That's another story about being qualified for the activity one is performing),

Anyway, I had to point out the fracture on the x-ray to the doctor and technician. The doctor set my cast, which crumbled in 2 days. I came back and mentioned that perhaps she needed to put more padding around my arm to absorb the moisture and thus keep the plaster dry. She told me that it wasn't the fault of the cast, but that.....Ready for this folks....farang arms are different than Asian arms and I needed a special type of plaster and would have to go to the closest big city hospital.

I went to another doctor in the hospital and he added the extra padding and the cast lasted for the 6 week duration it took for the fracture to heal.

Hopefully, the next headline will read: "Qualified Doctors Are Graduating And Providing Adequate Care in Rural Areas".

Was you doctor part of this program? I doubt it very seriously. Shut yer wingeing yap and go pay western prices if you dare.

Was you doctor part of this program? I doubt it very seriously. Shut yer wingeing yap and go pay western prices if you dare.

Why are you being so offensive?

I'm dumbfounded by the stupidity of most of these comments.

It seems that each new thread is an opportunity for some circles to sharpen their tongues and share their bigotry, hate and intolerance.

Live and Let Live

• Like 1

While I agree, I prefer to use less inflammatory words.
  • Like 1

Why are you being so offensive?

Don't you think it's all the posters who didn't actually bother to read the article but simply proceeded to insult both Thailand and its Doctors almost as a matter of instinct who are being offensive?

• Like 1