Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
webfact

No more Thai visa runs: Immigration will not let visa runners return after Aug 12

1,212 posts in this topic

Had this confirmed to me last night by Kap Choeng Immigration for the Chong Chom Border Crossing.

I assume the Out/In that takes place on a double or triple entry tourist visa will not fit the criteria for refusal

1 person likes this

Had this confirmed to me last night by Kap Choeng Immigration for the Chong Chom Border Crossing.

was the out/in a visa exempt of a multiple entry visa?

I'm on double entry tourist visa spending a week in Vietnam and arriving back to Thailand on 14th for second half of my visa.

Wonder how this will go. I don't have any back to back visas in my passport, and I don't have any visa exemptions. I do have multiple double entry tourist visas over many years. Visa was acquired from home country, not a border country in Asia.

I'm on double entry tourist visa spending a week in Vietnam and arriving back to Thailand on 14th for second half of my visa.

Wonder how this will go. I don't have any back to back visas in my passport, and I don't have any visa exemptions. I do have multiple double entry tourist visas over many years. Visa was acquired from home country, not a border country in Asia.

you'll be fine. youre not doing an Out/In

How do you define Out/In though? I'll be in Vietnam for 7 days. Is Out/In about people who cross back the same day? 1 day? 3 days? 1 week?

I wish the immigration rules were clearer.

2 people like this

you'll be fine. youre not doing an Out/In

Nobody knows including the guy at immigration.

Good luck with that.

care to show ONE example where a double entry tourist visa has been refused after a 7 day trip out?

1 person likes this