camerata

Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

Assuming you want to start travelling out of and into Thailand with a passport of a different country, I don't see how it could be done without going to Immigration and having records changed to enable the next Blue Book endorsement and re-entry stamp in a new passport, and then Red Book and tabien baan would have to be changed to keep everything in sync.

16 hours ago, orientalist said:

But that was after I filled in the forms, which took 30 minutes. The previous year I was sent straight to Room E1(?) and the officer filled out the forms for me in about 5 minutes.

I always fill in the forms at home before I go, I find it easier to show to the reception guy giving out the queue numbers.

While on the subject of Alien certificates, does anyone know what the regulations are concerning 5 yearly reporting?

My initial (1+5) 6 years is up around October this year but since I need to report to them that the local authorities have changed my address before my re-entry expires in July, it would be more convenient if I could renew the 5 year thing a few months early to save 2 visits to the police station.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Here on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/

Interesting about filling in forms. For the past three years when I have got my annual multi-reentry permits I have never filled in any forms. Just pass over my passport, blue book and red book. The police person on duty fills everything in on the computer. I think it was four yerars ago I carefully filled in the forms for reentry in my office and when I went to the Ubon Ratchathani Immigration they told me not to bother again. Last time I went was in January this year and I think it took about 40 minutes. 

4 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

Interesting about filling in forms. For the past three years when I have got my annual multi-reentry permits I have never filled in any forms. Just pass over my passport, blue book and red book. The police person on duty fills everything in on the computer. I think it was four yerars ago I carefully filled in the forms for reentry in my office and when I went to the Ubon Ratchathani Immigration they told me not to bother again. Last time I went was in January this year and I think it took about 40 minutes. 

They do that here at Ubon immigration. But not all offices will do the forms for you.

I think they may have the previous one saved on their network so they only need to update it.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They do that here at Ubon immigration. But not all offices will do the forms for you.

I think they may have the previous one saved on their network so they only need to update it.

Did you have to put your fingerprint in a big ledger?

You still had to do that last year in CW when I got mine?

3 minutes ago, stbkk said:

I am not on PR so would not know about that. They do it for all applicants not just PR holders.

43 minutes ago, stbkk said:

You still had to do that last year in CW when I got mine?

Yeah I always wonder what they do for applicants with no arms.

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

Yeah I always wonder what they do for applicants with no arms.

That would require a toe print, I think. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not on PR so would not know about that. They do it for all applicants not just PR holders.

I had to do that 20+ years ago when I first got PR.

I've since had to replace the dark blue* certificate of residence book twice because it was full, both times had to put my fingerprint in the big ledger.

* When they replace it, the colour changes to a white book (everything else is the same, just the colour of the cover changes to white). 

Edited by scorecard

4 minutes ago, orientalist said:

That would require a toe print, I think. :cheesy:

Maybe nose print?