Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Central Pattaya knife attack leaves American seriously injured

How bad is this, the guy was carrying. A knife, ??? Who in there right mind would carry a knife ???

I know a few things annoy us here, but it ain't worth confronting any of them, you just never know.....

Hope the guy makes a full recovery....

tHIS is very bad. why oh why dont the thais act like americans, brits, italians

really stupid comment. I would be saying the same if it were a crazy lunatic in any country,, seems you want to condone his actions because "it can happen anywhere". Really tired of hearing these pathetic arguments, as soon as something bad happens here and people comment you get the boring responses "well its just as bad everywhere else". Well, it isn't, it is worse for a lot of things here. People should be aware of it so they can be prepared and take precautions where necessary, then hopefully the foreigners like me working and living here can live a relatively peaceful life.

Hope the American gentleman recovers and I hope that that knife carrying lunatic gets banged up for GBH and spends a good while behind bars.

Sir

chill out, have another spliff and dont be silly,this was a light hearted post, a joke, u remember them do you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How bad is this, the guy was carrying. A knife, ??? Who in there right mind would carry a knife ???

I know a few things annoy us here, but it ain't worth confronting any of them, you just never know.....

I carry a knife with me everyday. Have done for the last 40 odd years. Obviously don't take it on planes with me, but will have one available at my destination place of work. Habitual I suppose.

He is a butcher after all, but the question would be what would he want with one doing massages?

To be clear, I don't carry a knife for self protection or to cause injury to others.

Who doesn't carry a knife. Those of you who rest your family's or your own safety on the police have your head buried in the sand. What is the number for the police here anyway? When asked by the authorities I say I'm a retired rescue personnel and that seems to do the trick. Got to be able to cut people out of seat-belts when they have been involved in an accident. Common sense. You also have to be able to open the rescue tool with one hand while you're multitasking.

Is it just kidding around when the poster from the UK blame everything on the American. Are they really saying we were all brought up with a sense of entitlement and all went terribly wrong in the manners department. When I lived in Pattaya years ago wondered why the police, bar owners and staff, and everyone from Europe seemed to beat random, drunken poorly outfitted English people almost every night. Someone told me once that it had something to do with "comprehensive school" or some such thing. Never followed up on that.

I think it's high time the English get over the whole Revolutionary Way thing. America bailed you out of several world conflicts and was glad to do it. My grandfather fought in WW1. My father was torpedoed in the Atlantic on his way to assist the starving and out manned Brits. My uncle's bomber was shot down over Germany while trying to help the British survive as a people and was a prisoner of war for a coupe of years.

All this anti-American sentiment hurled at fellow expats is a bit tiring. Speaking of knives earlier this year didn't a taxi driving slash a longtime resident here to death over a small fare dispute on Sukhumvit using a samurai sword? I hope he wasn't an augmentative American.

Peace.

• Like 1

Much worse road rage incidents in UK & USA.

Perhaps. This took place here.

Swallow pride and wai, say sorry, and move on rapidly.

Thai pride will not be swallowed so get outta there. More facts of life.

• Like 1

Don't know if the exchange of angry words included threats of violence. If they did, then it puts a different twist to this story. In that was it an attack or a defensive move,

"How bad is this, the guy was carrying. A knife, ??? Who in there right mind would carry a knife ???"

A chef or a butcher would carry a knife, which is what he did for his full time job

No he wouldn't.

The average Thai and traffic law, traffic courtesy and common sense on the road have a long way to go. There needs to be a strong public service campaign on television sponsored by the government to educate and civilize drivers. Other countries do it.

• Like 1

tHIS is very bad. why oh why dont the thais act like americans, brits, italians

are you making an attempt at a very bad joke? if so, don't quit your day job!

• Like 1

A good trick, during Thai -Falang disagreements, is to visualize said Thai in an American iron workers bar. One will break out in a big toothy smile.biggrin.png

One other related point: The nasty sarcasm really hurts the image of this forum.

Edited by hyku1147

This is a thread concerning an incident between two men. One caused an accident, then took a knife and attacked another.

This is not about school shootings in the USA, wars, Muslims, or Thai corruption. Please keep your posts at least slightly on topic and in line with ThaiVisa posting rules.

• Like 2

I'm am American and in America and Americans are prone to wanting to get pissed off and in a fighting mood. It's really weird and we watch out step here. Like the sleeping dog. This guy very likely got pissed at getting clipped by the attacker and things went from there.

• Like 1