Thailand Forum
pianoman

Thai French Beef Retail Store?

pianoman    146

I will be bringing a friend from Kalasin to Sakon Nakhon Immigration on Thursday, and would like to pickup / buy some Quality Beef Steaks while in the area... But if possible I would like to try to find the "Retail Outlet" actually in Sakon Nakhon rather than driving out to the operation outside of town...

Could anyone give me decent (easy to follow) directions on how to find the place in town???

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions or help....

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

Issangeorge    1,012

Pianoman, if you go to the main store, make a drive of your return trip. Instead of turning left when you come out of the store turn right and about 1 kilometer down the road turn right again. This will take you on a beautiful, non traffic trip through the mountains and you will come out just north of Khao Wong. A bit farther than you would normally go, but a nice drive.

willyumiii    5,718

What is "French Beef"??

I know of Kobe beef from Japan,

Argentine beef from South America,

I know of Thai beef and / or water buffalo,

And as a young man I worked on several Cattle ranches in USA.

What in the world is French Beef?post-147745-0-48389300-1410844314_thumb.

Assurancetourix    10,095

I think " french beef " is boeuf de Charolles ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charolais_cattle

About the question from Pianoman; I know there is a french-thai farm not far from the town of Sakon Nakhon;

the name of the village ;

Pon Yang Kharm on the road 223 from Sakon to That Phanom and Mukdahan

https://www.google.fr/maps/@17.077511,104.20052,12z

When doing a Google research in french language we can find

http://www.thaifrenchbeef.com/PYK_ENG.html

Hope I can help smile.png

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 1

pianoman    146

What is "French Beef"??

What in the world is French Beef?attachicon.giffrench-cow-12582822.jpg

Many years ago the Thai King entered into an agreement with the French Government to breed a "High Breed" Beef Cattle using the best of Thai Cattle and the best of French Cattle... Hence the Name Thai - French Beef Cooperative, which was located outside of Sakon Nakhon... I discovered the place about 10 years ago and have been enjoying their products ever since... They actually ship most of their beef to the Up Scale Restaurants and Hotels in Bangkok... It is obviously more expensive than any other Thai Beef, but equal in Quality to some of the Best Beef available out of the States, especially when you consider that in the States the finest cuts of Beef are never available in the Stores, as they are reserved for the best Restaurants only...

When you go to their Ranch / Farm outside of Sakon Nakhon you can request and purchase the best cuts available and even tell them how you want them cut... Filet Migon. T=Bone, Rib Eye, Sirloin or whatever and it is all Fresh Cut, vacuum packed and wonderful... The only problem is the Ranch / Farm is about 15 minutes East of Sakon Nakhon so a trip out there and back adds about an hour or more to the trip after you drive out there, choose you cuts / order, wait while it is cut and then back into town to the road heading back to Kalasin... Several years ago they opened and Retail shop somewhere in Sakon Nakhon, but I have never been there so not sure where it is in Town...

Pianoman

meatboy    3,721

yep its pretty good compared to ausi beef and at half the price.last order was for about 30kilo's of sirlion,rib eye,top round,sirlion rump and stewing,most expensive was the sirlion at 5.95kilo and the cheapest at 2.30kilo.delivered to korat on their meat lorry that by-passes on its way to bangkok.

kwonitoy    268

What is "French Beef"??

What in the world is French Beef?attachicon.giffrench-cow-12582822.jpg

Many years ago the Thai King entered into an agreement with the French Government to breed a "High Breed" Beef Cattle using the best of Thai Cattle and the best of French Cattle... Hence the Name Thai - French Beef Cooperative, which was located outside of Sakon Nakhon... I discovered the place about 10 years ago and have been enjoying their products ever since... They actually ship most of their beef to the Up Scale Restaurants and Hotels in Bangkok... It is obviously more expensive than any other Thai Beef, but equal in Quality to some of the Best Beef available out of the States, especially when you consider that in the States the finest cuts of Beef are never available in the Stores, as they are reserved for the best Restaurants only...

When you go to their Ranch / Farm outside of Sakon Nakhon you can request and purchase the best cuts available and even tell them how you want them cut... Filet Migon. T=Bone, Rib Eye, Sirloin or whatever and it is all Fresh Cut, vacuum packed and wonderful... The only problem is the Ranch / Farm is about 15 minutes East of Sakon Nakhon so a trip out there and back adds about an hour or more to the trip after you drive out there, choose you cuts / order, wait while it is cut and then back into town to the road heading back to Kalasin... Several years ago they opened and Retail shop somewhere in Sakon Nakhon, but I have never been there so not sure where it is in Town...

Pianoman

I go to Sakon quiet regularly, any more specific directions to the Farm than that of above?

sarotti    0

Just drive to the actual place, its really not that far outside of Sakon.

Coming in to the city from Kalasin you will see the sign to Mukdahan to the right

You just follow road 223 towards Koksi Suphan./Mukdahan

On the way you will see the entrance to Thai French farm on your right hand side.

Edited by sarotti

longstebe    1,200

Just drive to the actual place, its really not that far outside of Sakon.

You just follow road 223 towards Koksi Suphan./Mukdahan

On the way you will see the entrance to Thai French farm on your right hand side.

Yep, you got it.

sarotti    0

When you enter the city coming from Kalasin just follow the road (it is Suk kasem Rd) all the way through until the road gets narrow.

In a light crossing you will have a steak restaurant to Your right. Just cross it and look for the meat shop on Your right side.

metisdead    4,319

A post containing a link from another forum has been removed as well as the replies:

13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

sarotti    0

There is a place in Udon called Chern Chim. There is a map to their place at Udon maps. Excellent beef and a very good selection. Very reasonable prices. It is not far off the bypass NE side of Udon. Only about an hour from Kalasin.

Hope this link is within limits.

http://www.udonmap.com/en/udonthani-business/food-a-drink/food-retailers/chern-chim-quality-foods.html

If in Udon you are better off going direct to the French beef shop

Boy am I confused...."It is not far off the bypass NE side of Udon. Only about an hour from Kalasin".???? The last 20+ times that I have driven from Kalasin to Udon, it has always taken me about 2 1/2 hours... Do you guys know a short cut that no one has told me about???

Pianoman

You have to go by air