Sign in to follow this  
tenjinando

Immigration at Suvarnaphumi refused to give visa on arrival

20,000 baht is quite high for a stamp ohmy.png 20,000 is the overstay fine maximum.

He is going to have a great party tonight....

BTW, I think you mean 30 day visa waiver. Visa waiver means you do not need a visa to enter, while visa on arrival is for countries that cannot enter the country without a visa.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

20,000 baht is quite high for a stamp ohmy.png 20,000 is the overstay fine maximum.

He is going to have a great party tonight....

BTW, I think you mean 30 day visa waiver. Visa waiver means you do not need a visa to enter, while visa on arrival is for countries that cannot enter the country without a visa.

"BTW, I think you mean 30 day visa waiver."

Actually it's called a visa exempt entry.

• Like 2

That really sucks. Thank you for posting your experience here. I hope you don't get stung with that again.

If the senior office told you to ask for him then I would assume you have his name? Why not file a report....though I suppose he could just deny it all.

• Like 2

NO, stop the corruption by getting rid of these people, after firing them file charges in court.

Transferring the corrupt officers, officials to an inactive post has and will never work. Unpaid leave while the charges are investigated. Loosing their job and retirement, plus jail time may help deter this kind of corruption.

But sadly most don't report this corruption, either from fear of reprisal, or "not my business". never mind!

get details, numbers names of those involved, the person involved should be traceable through the visa stamp in the passport.

As long as no action is taken this type of corruption will continue and it does reflect on the image of "The Kingdom of Thailand".

It become another nail in the coffin of the credibility of Thailand.

• Like 2

This is what the grey areas are for , no one knows the rules , if they can be called rules , leaving loop holes for piss taking little shits like this to rip people off

Report the little Turd

Edited by Sena Dave
  • Like 2

NO, stop the corruption by getting rid of these people, after firing them file charges in court.

Transferring the corrupt officers, officials to an inactive post has and will never work. Unpaid leave while the charges are investigated. Loosing their job and retirement, plus jail time may help deter this kind of corruption.

But sadly most don't report this corruption, either from fear of reprisal, or "not my business". never mind!

get details, numbers names of those involved, the person involved should be traceable through the visa stamp in the passport.

As long as no action is taken this type of corruption will continue and it does reflect on the image of "The Kingdom of Thailand".

It become another nail in the coffin of the credibility of Thailand.

Works great when corruption is under control, but not when it is endemic. You could take a stand -- but understand that you are an outsider and can easily be retaliated against by any number of immigration staff that may be friends with that individual and also corrupt. Immigration officers are given lots of discretion, and power. I have not heard of a formal appeals process like there is for countries like the US. The time to stand up to it was on entry when the likely only retaliation was entry refusal and you had to exit and re-enter later. It will come down to he said / he said and I doubt anything will come of it except maybe someone blacklisting him to get rid of the problem.

If I were you, I'd go to Chang Wattana and ask for clarifications as to why I was charged

that much money and make sure you take the names of the people you talk to,,,

and how can I avoid such situation from happening again....

• Like 2

If I were you, I'd go to Chang Wattana and ask for clarifications as to why I was charged

that much money and make sure you take the names of the people you talk to,,,

and how can I avoid such situation from happening again....

The act of bribing an officer is also illegal....

He doesn't have to say it was a bribe , just ask is it normal procedure under the new guidelines to pay 20,000 Baht for a 30 day landing visa , act like an idiot basically