mrbojangles

Manchester City

22,537 posts in this topic

Good game,hopefully,tonight chaps no refereeing blunders and may the best team win...............I,ll be very happy with a draw to be honest :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, petermik said:

Good game,hopefully,tonight chaps no refereeing blunders and may the best team win...............I,ll be very happy with a draw to be honest :thumbsup:

Theres a surprise!!!  

I think Fellaini's elbow will feature heavily in this derby.  :sad:

1 person likes this

Interesting fact : City have not developed an established first-team player from the UK since Micah Richards’ breakthrough in 2005

2 people like this

ID: 22529   Posted (edited)

I think this dispels the myth from the City posters that the Academy is still quite young  :whistling:

Allen states he always believed it would take a decade to produce a consistent supply of first-team footballers. Next year is his 10th as the academy director and he says: “We’re right on [for] that. It takes 10 years to build something solid that’s just not the odd player. It’s a production line of quality – you won’t have 11 players every year but there will be some form of production line that you could pick one from that group, and two from there, and three from that group. I’ve got to be ready for when the manger says ‘I need one’. That’s my challenge – to say ‘there’s one’, and he compares favourably’”

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, petermik said:

I'll be cheering City on Peter, although i think your attack will have better a chance without Zlatan. Bastad blessing in disguise that injury. 

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I'll be cheering City on Peter, although i think your attack will have better a chance without Zlatan. Bastad blessing in disguise that injury. 

Obviously Bob......as were just 3 points adrift with two games in hand on you scousers :whistling:

interesting end to the season methinks for all clubs in the top six..................read earlier today United have played 18 more matches this season than Chelsea and Liverpool........hell thats nearly half a prem league season extra :ermm:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Obviously Bob......as were just 3 points adrift with two games in hand on you scousers :whistling:

interesting end to the season methinks for all clubs in the top six..................read earlier today United have played 18 more matches this season than Chelsea and Liverpool........hell thats nearly half a prem league season extra :ermm:

We did the same last season, and fell at the final hurdle.

We'd be home and hosed now if we hadn't have been so ravaged by injury, or maybe not sold so many players or maybe bought more of them. We were flying and yet we might still crash spectacularly.

I know you've had injuries but you defo have more quality in depth. 

ID: 22533   Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We did the same last season, and fell at the final hurdle.

We'd be home and hosed now if we hadn't have been so ravaged by injury, or maybe not sold so many players or maybe bought more of them. We were flying and yet we might still crash spectacularly.

I know you've had injuries but you defo have more quality in depth. 

Stop going on about injuries Bobby,  every team gets them, it's part and parcel.

Edited by alfieconn

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Stop going on about injuries Bobby,  every team gets them, it's part and parcel.

I'm not saying it isn't, but we've had Mane, Llallana, Hendo, Coutinho, Sturridge out at a critical time and it screwed us. Our centre back paring have played 14 games together this season, we've lost young lads like Ojo, Grujic for the whole season. We had a bench that had started 73 first team games combined last week and 58 of them where Moreno.

It might be pat of the game, but if you don't have a big squad and quality in depth it will screw you and it did screw us. We should have not sold on so many players, or we should have bought more. That was my point. 

Jesus is back, get him on now!! 

14 hours ago, carmine said:

Theres a surprise!!!  

I think Fellaini's elbow will feature heavily in this derby.  :sad:

Nearly spot on Carms....Hope you had a bet on the R/C:post-4641-1156693976::partytime2:

1 person likes this

Looked to me city were the only team going for winning as opposed to just not losing but thought your were by far the more entertaining team and by rights should have won, but hey thats football or in utd s time wasting frame 80 ish mins is...!!!