fareastguy

Renewing a British passport in Thailand (BKK)

24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

As far as I am aware, there are still translation services based in the building.

Any and all translation services are acceptable, as long as each translated document contains:  

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document  
  • the date of the translation  
  • the translator's full name and signature  
  • the translator's contact details.

Doesnt the translator need to be affiliated to some group (of translators) and be sanctioned by the Thai gov ? 

Doesnt the translator need to be affiliated to some group (of translators) and be sanctioned by the Thai gov ? 

Not for a British passport!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not for a British passport!

Nor for UK visa applications or any other UK purpose.

Some governments, e.g. the Schengen states, want translations 'authorised' with a stamp from the Thai MFA; the UK government doesn't. 

Anyone had experience of renewing a child's passport?

I got a UK passport for my son shortly after he was born when the application had to be couriered to Hong Kong. Now it needs renewing. Reading the official website it would appear that I would not be required to drag along a lively 5 year old to the interview. Can anyone confirm this?

I have just returned from 5 week visit to the UK. I did ask whether I could renew his passport while I was there (as I did for mine last year). I was told that I could not as he  did not travel with me this time.  Oh, well....

13 hours ago, sniggie said:

Anyone had experience of renewing a child's passport?

I got a UK passport for my son shortly after he was born when the application had to be couriered to Hong Kong. Now it needs renewing. Reading the official website it would appear that I would not be required to drag along a lively 5 year old to the interview. Can anyone confirm this?

I have just returned from 5 week visit to the UK. I did ask whether I could renew his passport while I was there (as I did for mine last year). I was told that I could not as he  did not travel with me this time.  Oh, well....

There is no such thing as an interview - just an appointment to submit the application. You are applying on behalf of the child so only you need to attend (if you want to visit Bangkok).

The application and 1 of 2 photos will need to be countersigned. Address verification is always a challenge as not many people have many of the listed documents.

As sungod said, just take your time going through the website..... (linked from British Embassy Bangkok website to gov.uk )