Jump to content
Thailand Forum
chonabot

Tottenham Thread

Recommended Posts

carmine    3,958
36 minutes ago, balo said:

The real test will be against Real Madrid. That would be our greatest achievement for a long time, if we win that game.

We'll be without Dele, Rose, Vertonghen, probably Wanyama too, and its away.  Thats a very big ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sotsira    923
1 hour ago, carmine said:

We'll be without Dele, Rose, Vertonghen, probably Wanyama too, and its away.  Thats a very big ask!

The BBC match report states Vertonghen got a second yellow.

 

Here's the extract:

However, the home side ended the game with 10 men as defender Jan Vertonghen

was shown a second yellow card for catching Mario Gotze with a swinging arm.

 

If that's the case, then he would only miss the next match against Apoel and be 

available for the Real Madrid game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madrid will know that game is critical in terms of winning the group and have their strongest team out.

 

A huge ask to get a point even.

 

But you never know in football....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carmine    3,958
17 hours ago, sotsira said:

The BBC match report states Vertonghen got a second yellow.

 

Here's the extract:

However, the home side ended the game with 10 men as defender Jan Vertonghen

was shown a second yellow card for catching Mario Gotze with a swinging arm.

 

If that's the case, then he would only miss the next match against Apoel and be 

available for the Real Madrid game.

I thought the yellow was a little harsh so if thats the case then we've been fortunate.  One player i do want back for the Madrid game is Wanyama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carmine    3,958
On 9/14/2017 at 3:53 AM, macksview said:

sat so deep early, fullbacks looked stretched at times, son and harry played so well on the counter.

bvb robbed of a brilliant goal after spurs spurned two earlier chances.

 

sanchez at times looked very inexperinced compared to jan and toby, very happy with serge and ben davies

really enjoyed that game, great win for the teams confidence.

 

We sat deep on purpose and it was a tactic that worked a treat.  We played reactive football, happily ceding possession and hitting on the break, having more shots on target and more goal attempts than Dortmund who had 68% possession.  We probably should have scored more second half.

 

Aurier is ideal for us playing much higher up that Trippier. He also has the pace to get back quickly.  I didn't feel we looked that stretched.  The back three are so mobile as will be both wing backs when Rose is finally fit.  

 

Hopefully the media and the usual suspects on here will stop droning on about Wembley now and move back to how we are going to lose all our players in the next window..........again!

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carmine    3,958
21 hours ago, balo said:

The real test will be against Real Madrid. That would be our greatest achievement for a long time, if we win that game.

Expect more of the same tactic, sitting deep, keeping it narrow and hitting on the break.  Forgot the win, i'd be ecstatic with an away point.  And if we can get a draw away to Dortmund i think we'll qualify but thats still a way off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carmine said:

 

We sat deep on purpose and it was a tactic that worked a treat.  We played reactive football, happily ceding possession and hitting on the break, having more shots on target and more goal attempts than Dortmund who had 68% possession.  We probably should have scored more second half.

 

Aurier is ideal for us playing much higher up that Trippier. He also has the pace to get back quickly.  I didn't feel we looked that stretched.  The back three are so mobile as will be both wing backs when Rose is finally fit.  

 

Hopefully the media and the usual suspects on here will stop droning on about Wembley now and move back to how we are going to lose all our players in the next window..........again!

 

I was impressed at how easily the team changed tactics and focus as a unit in the second half.

 

Aurier is going to be fantastic for us too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macksview    1,165
On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 0:34 PM, alfieconn said:

So your comparing a 21yr old  playing his second  game for a new team with a 28yr old and a 30yr old  both of whom are two of the best in the League :1zgarz5:

i was so happy with sanchez, playing with top class toby and jan, he looks to be a great prospect, he just looked like what he is a project full of potential.

poch, a cb of fair stature himself, has a huge talent under his wing, sanchez learning from him, jan and toby can be something very special.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carmine    3,958

Very disappointing.  26 shots at goal, total control all game, hit the woodwork, Swansea failing to produce a single effort on target and Mike Dean failing to award two clear penalties....

 

Plus points was again how well Sanchez has slotted in.  Personally i would have started with Aurier and i would definitely have brought on Dembele.  Judging by his unusually frosty response when asked that very question i think Poch realizes he should have done so too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange team selection for sure but we should defo have had a penalty.

 

Watching such a crap display of defensive football from Swansea reminded me of Blackpool....let's hope they go the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alfieconn    1,787

During the Burnley game it was obvious we needed more attacking full back's so we buy Aurier and doesn't even play him or Davies who has looked more dangerous going forward lately and play's Son who is never an attacking full back,  2nd half he then put's Tripps on the left side and Sissoko right side W T F

Play our strongest team Poch especially if we haven't got a big game in midweek !!!!

 

Anyway i'm off to the gym too get rid of some of my frustrations :sad:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alfieconn    1,787
14 hours ago, macksview said:

i was so happy with sanchez, playing with top class toby and jan, he looks to be a great prospect, he just looked like what he is a project full of potential.

poch, a cb of fair stature himself, has a huge talent under his wing, sanchez learning from him, jan and toby can be something very special.

Why would he look anything different ? :shock1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

During the Burnley game it was obvious we needed more attacking full back's so we buy Aurier and doesn't even play him or Davies who has looked more dangerous going forward lately and play's Son who is never an attacking full back,  2nd half he then put's Tripps on the left side and Sissoko right side W T F

Play our strongest team Poch especially if we haven't got a big game in midweek !!!!

 

Anyway i'm off to the gym too get rid of some of my frustrations :sad:

 

Totally agree on putting out the strongest side available for every game.

 

Hopefully he has learnt from this tinkerman experiment.

 

By the looks of Poch afterwards he already had realised! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 23 September 2017 03:47
Sponsors
×