hansgruber

Patong is dead.

2,482 posts in this topic

ID: 2476   Posted (edited)

Sorry for the readers of this thread if I have to refer to an earlier post, which thankfully has now been deleted, because it was full of inaccuracies and vitriol, however I feel I need to put the record straight for my own peace of mind. Let me address the points one by one: –

– I was not one of the "bankers" who used other people's money to bail out institutions, in fact my bank in New Zealand was a conservative bank and had nothing whatsoever to do with the financial shenanigans in Wall Street or its environs and no way did we entertain things like CDOs in our portfolios which were foisted upon unwary investors in other banks/countries.

– Just like any business unit (I ran a business unit, i.e. a business within a business) we were tasked with making a profit, which we did and legally so.

– And as for this, "I have many friends who would dearly love to meet people like you face to face to tell you how absolutely

disgusted they feel about the stress and upheaval you and your kind have caused in their lives". Well I and my team caused absolutely no stress and upheaval upon your friends lives, none whatsoever. We made our clients money.

– In fact if they had been invested in the funds which we were running for clients/customers, ever since 1997, when it first started, up until now they would have made money, and those statistics are available online. This includes going through the tech stock crash of 1999 and the GFC starting around 2007.

– Two entirely different scenarios with regards to banks and investing, which you clearly know nothing about. My clients/customers are happy and have not lost money, whilst others around the world may have done, but that's of no fault of mine.

– That's because I ran my business unit (read a business within a business but with all the same structure of a stand-alone business) well and ethically.

– Contrary to what you keep quoting and even though I didn't quote this, I never, repeat, I never personally made $2 billion or even $2 million for that matter, but the investment funds I put in place reached just under $2 billion before I retired. And as another poster (Karen Bravo I think it was) tried to apprise you, some folks are paid a salary for running that sort of businesses because it is within a banking environment and that was the case with me.

So sorry to disappoint you in respect of not bringing my millions/billions of dollars to Patong, but they just didn't exist and they never did, and I never said they did, this is just a figment of your misreading/assumptions.

And as for living in Nanai road, well I choose to live there because I live in an apartment owned by friends and whenever I go away they take care of it as well as my car and my motorbike and my post etc, and I couldn't hope for an easier life. Up to me as they say here.

Now here's a suggestion for you, rather than you keep aiming your vindictive posts at me (for whatever reason), why don't we call a truce and you can press the ignore button on me and I can press the ignore button on you and then we won't have to waste time going through all this crap.

Edited by xylophone
1 person likes this

ID: 2477   Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Sorry for the readers of this thread if I have to refer to an earlier post, which thankfully has now been deleted, because it was full of inaccuracies and vitriol, however I feel I need to put the record straight for my own peace of mind. Let me address the points one by one: –

– I was not one of the "bankers" who used other people's money to bail out institutions, in fact my bank in New Zealand was a conservative bank and had nothing whatsoever to do with the financial shenanigans in Wall Street or its environs and no way did we entertain things like CDOs in our portfolios which were foisted upon unwary investors in other banks/countries.

– Just like any business unit (I ran a business unit, i.e. a business within a business) we were tasked with making a profit, which we did and legally so.

– And as for this, "I have many friends who would dearly love to meet people like you face to face to tell you how absolutely

disgusted they feel about the stress and upheaval you and your kind have caused in their lives". Well I and my team caused absolutely no stress and upheaval upon your friends lives, none whatsoever. We made our clients money.

– In fact if they had been invested in the funds which we were running for clients/customers, ever since 1997, when it first started, up until now they would have made money, and those statistics are available online. This includes going through the tech stock crash of 1999 and the GFC starting around 2007.

– Two entirely different scenarios with regards to banks and investing, which you clearly know nothing about. My clients/customers are happy and have not lost money, whilst others around the world may have done, but that's of no fault of mine.

– That's because I ran my business unit (read a business within a business but with all the same structure of a stand-alone business) well and ethically.

– Contrary to what you keep quoting and even though I didn't quote this, I never, repeat, I never made $2 billion or even $2 million for that matter, but the investment funds I put in place reached just under $2 billion before I retired. And as another poster (Karen Bravo I think it was) tried to apprise you, some folks are paid a salary for running that sort of businesses because it is within a banking environment and that was the case with me.

So sorry to disappoint you in respect of not bringing my millions/billions of dollars to Patong, but they just didn't exist and they never did, and I never said they did, this is just a figment of your misreading/assumptions.

And as for living in Nanai road, well I choose to live there because I live in an apartment owned by friends and whenever I go away they take care of it as well as my car and my motorbike and my post etc, and I couldn't hope for an easier life. Up to me as they say here.

Now here's a suggestion for you, rather than you keep aiming your vindictive posts at me (for whatever reason), why don't we call a truce and you can press the ignore button on me and I can press the ignore button on you and then we won't have to waste time going through all this crap.

As I recall from your post # 2176.

"Well I did start up a business with $100k in seed capital and build into just under $2 billion in 7 years, including seeing

it through the "Tech stock crash" of 1999, so at least you are right about one thing! "

I struggle to find anything in this post that says it was not your money or your business lying by omission is still lying

From another of your posts on 28/5.

"Really not interested in putting up with your drivel anymore, so will press the ignore button on you."

Please feel free to do as you please but don't come on here telling porkies about what you said previously because as

you can clearly see it is all on record on this thread.

There is nothing vindictive about the truth, you just think it is because you disagree with others points of view, so to

you they must be wrong.

If you think that Patong is such a failure what are you doing here preaching your doom and gloom incessantly? you

are free to leave whenever you wish. I happen to like where I am living and it pisses me off when people like you who 

contribute little to the well being of the place continually put a downer on it.

Take your negativity back to where you came from please.

Press any button you like who the hell cares, I surely don't.

Edited by phuketjock
addition
1 person likes this

I have requested mods to close this topic as gone way way off topic.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I have requested mods to close this topic as gone way way off topic.

The thread does have some interesting information so I'd rather see the mods delete the personal bickering and bring it back on topic instead of closing it for everyone.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

The thread does have some interesting information so I'd rather see the mods delete the personal bickering and bring it back on topic instead of closing it for everyone.

If the thread closes the info will not go away eisfeld it will still be

available for viewing should anyone wish to do so.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

No ... now page 165. Time to close and start again. I am surprised it's gone on so long. Needs refreshing.

2 people like this