BANGKOK 16 January 2019 08:18
BookMan

Australian Rules Football. AFL Chatting, Tipping and News

Are football seat tickets getting to expensive?

Well blow me down with books cheap Samsung J7..... he still haunts the corridors of TV .....Well its that time of the year over in the Big Apple ahh i mean the land of the long yank....its play off time...its championship games in college football....they seem to think that gridiron is "the only football" game in the world, wont get into the nitty gritty of that but....Mondays College Football Playoff title game suggests its the final but no a play off game...so its not the final...i think but hey i wouldn't know its the way its written, Alabama and Clemson both undefeated will face off in that game in Levi stadium in Santa Clara California not Cuba where Che so famously turned the tide agains Baptista's Army and then walked all the way to Havana to set up the new Government....I decided not to vist the triangle of Pirate town Trinadad and then Santa Clara due to the transport system or a lack of the creature comforts us aussies have come to expect though im thinking of hitting the border of Argentina and Brazil to see the Iguaza falls sometime soon so need to practice my bad Spanish again on you lads....since i will be in sexy South America Cuba and Mexico would be nice to see again.....of course i mentioned this to a few Thai friends and they cannot fathom anything so big a waterfall that spans 3 countries...and so high.....you know they were shocked when i told them the humble Thai Chillie they have come to call there own is not in fact there own at all, and it only was introduce to Thailand more than likely by the Spaniards since they first took it from Mexico along with tomatoes and Chocolate, yep they thought it all came from BKK....and some of these girls have Masters Degrees too...

Seems interest in this particular game isn't of particular interest since its in California they think, ticket prices have on the secondary market (we call it scalping) dropped by 70% ...someone is loosing money....average resale cost (Scalpers demanding) from $US1,043 to $US533 in a matter of days, upper deck seats which have a face value of $US475 were going for as low as $US114 on one website and $139 on another yesterday....game is played this coming monday night...

To compare last years Scalpers ticket demands were $US1752 against Georgia playing Alabama, Georgia of course are just a short stroll from Atlanta, Santa Clara California is 49er territory not a college town and over 2000 miles for both teams....

Browns Baker Mayfield picked off on there last drive against the Ravens who were the original Browns i might add....Ravens win gets them into a wild card slot though they toiled hard and long, Browns Finnish the year with a 7-8-1 record and no head coach....the monday after round 17 is called Black Monday its the day head coaches heads roll....6 were cut with 2 during the season a quarter of the league looking for a new scape goat...John Elway is fast loosing the charisma that as Denver QB with 2 superbowel wins now GM cant pick a coach or QB.....

New start up social media company here in AU go belly up they had mega Aussie sports stars on there books...allowed for customers to inter react with them showing film of training sessions etc....seems not one sports person ever got paid 4 million dollars raised to run the app and get it out there drops like led into puddle of dirty water, ummm some well known people involved both sides of the coin......ummm was around for a few years i never heard of it...

Kayo....i got it.....is it any good? well covers your AFL and Aleague pretty well....Cricket? loath it cant watch it....seems to be a lot on....sailing...ahh yes...Sydney to Hobart...no thanks i like cats and stuff like that....not much on, Soccer? selected Euro games ok if your a Real Madrid fan and im not .....liked watching a couple of English Championship games...2cd division to those not in the know seems just 2 games a week....at least all teams featured were in the top 6, same goes with NFL...Eagles...i cannot watch...ps they made the play offs after looking like death most of the year...still navigating and im not really a sports nut...

Honda is out for a month, which means he will be out for 6 since he hasn't played in 2 weeks was hopping to catch him on the 65inch telly this week on Kayo....ahhh Telstra might be loosing customers now with AFL live .............no more squinting at phone size video on tablet to watch the might Dee's take it home this year...its all done and dusted names already been printed on the cup Heard Sun has printed 2 million Hearld Suns inn advance...hows that for confidence?

Harevy Bennal looks like getting traded to the Blues.....there picking up all discards so watch out there...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-michael-dickson-overcame-his-greatest-disappointment-to-turn-in-the-best-season-ever-for-a-seahawks-punter/ in the feel good story for this summer.....

Glen Archer finally hands in the towel at North.....picking on an ump didnt bring him down....its the work load that got to him.....or did it? went through hell and high water full of piranhas to get a clean sheet from the judge just so he could hang up the towel 12 months later? i dont think soooooo....

• Like 1

Saw jack reiwoldt at the cricket. Hope he is not thinking of donning the keeper gloves and taking some spekkies behind the wicket.

I'm back in Thailand this month. See you all soon at walking st. for a kick to kick.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Are football seat tickets getting to expensive?

Seems interest in this particular game isn't of particular interest since its in California they think, ticket prices have on the secondary market (we call it scalping) dropped by 70% ...someone is loosing money....average resale cost (Scalpers demanding) from $US1,043 to $US533 in a matter of days, upper deck seats which have a face value of $US475 were going for as low as $US114 on one website and $139 on another yesterday....game is played this coming monday night...

To compare last years Scalpers ticket demands were $US1752 against Georgia playing Alabama, Georgia of course are just a short stroll from Atlanta, Santa Clara California is 49er territory not a college town and over 2000 miles for both teams....

I don't know about footy tickets, but was reading the other day that scalpers were asked $40 000 for a ticket to Bruce Springsteen's last show of Springsteen on Broadaway😵

I had to be content with a download:smile:

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 1:49 AM, Will27 said:

I don't know about footy tickets, but was reading the other day that scalpers were asked $40 000 for a ticket to Bruce Springsteen's last show of Springsteen on Broadaway😵

I had to be content with a download:smile:

I wouldn't even buy one of his albums....got a couple of free downloads if ya know what i mean, anyway like most was way better at the start of his career, well i did buy a couple LP.s when he was on vinal and of course very early in his career...

$40,000 you say....gees i draw the line at $AU 220 now...in fact ive retired from going to see Santana son tried to get me interested last time they were out...no thanks...I did pay a whopping 10 convertible pesos which is $US10 to see one of the big legendary Cuban bands when i was in Havana...i think i was the only foreigner in the room and the only one who paid full price, ya see Che and Fidel look after there own....Fidel to raise foreign $ came up with a two currency country one for Cubans and one for everyone else so that instantly made everything more expensive for guys like me...Cubans wanted my Convertible peso and i had to pay in it all the time well Cuba turned out to be cheaper even more than Thailand Phillipines and Cambodia the deal was Fidel even how smart he was didnt keep up with inflation it was set to late 90's US$ i had a 300 year old apartment with 16 feet ceilings on the second level for $US35 a night and dinner around the 7 to 8 US$...at nice restaurants, only in old Havana where most tourists prefer to hang out did they pay much higher everything... 

And i wouldn't go to watch an AFL game again as was well.....my theory is they wanted to make mega bucks from TV rights, clubs wanted to give you the worst position in the stadium so you would go and pay 4 times or more for the seat and top it off with an exclusive membership so you could apply for that seat...ummmm even Aleague games cost around the high 30s in $ non reserved at the [email protected]$25 a month i see all Dee and Melb Vic games so thats a huge saving there...plus of course Real Madrid every week too...

• Like 1

Well the USA is in a buzz.....there forgotten about Trump and his wall and half a million government employees many still working and no pay this week or next cause the democrats wont give Trump 5 billion big ones to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out..... and its looking to be protracted as Trump digs in with bunker mentality, he could get assassinated you know from some pissed off airport worker....there buzzing cause most of the NFL clubs have hired there coaches....simply amazing I think...about half within a week the rest within 10 to 12 days of black Monday, one experienced ex head 14 year veteran of the Packers with a host of titles under his belt including a superbowel  stuck his neck out saying he was only interested in the Jets job who he interviewed for but sadly was over looked now has to back his words up by sitting out of football for a year apparently the family is wrapped.....

Freddie Kitchens the intern coach of the Browns after they  knifed Hue gets a contract to keep it going....apparently Baker was in on it too....seems the quarterbacks there are powerful people....

John Elway is running out of love in Denver, singed up the 17th new coach who is keen to get the best out of QB Keenham....Johns introduction was a 3 point statement of Vic Fangio what I was bemused was Vic's number 2 point in a very long introduction from him....

Quote...!!!!!!!!!!    

• I’ll work with John Elway on a lot of stuff, including personnel. If we get in arguments, it’s ultimately John’s call. This team is his baby.

Now that's what I like....Vic has put it out there pretty much telling the world that if we don't get a winning season go talk to John....

Melbourne Victory go down in a blaze of bullets in Adelaide Wednesday night...2-0 and the first loss in a while, Kev the coach in a long interview unshaven head and a three day growth very unlike Kev to report for duty looking like that, after the game was very relaxed even joking smiling often, has developed in to a reporters darling, as a player was seen as a defending brute that would walk over you hard as nails type....grown a lot as a coach I've noticed....I actually like the guy...

Well the Socceroos came undone in Dubai at the start of there defence of the Asian Cup, started the game like they were still on holidays in Monaco, picked up the pace in the second half but couldn't buy a goal, Jordan ever so dangerous on the break...how they could take them so lightly is a mystery, Jordan have beaten us twice in recent memory in the Middle East...Japan were stunned by some former soviet republic wearing all green....now could someone enlighten me why green is such a popular National team colour in the middle east plzzzz....the ex soviet state of T something or other that I never ever heard of went 1 goal up early similar to what Jordan did too us....Japan came out meaning business in the second half....they put 3 into the net...but the ex soviets got a penalty to end the game 3-2....no easy games over there guys...

Arnold has lead the Aussies to an Asian Cup once before and didn't do a good job of it....didnt stay national coach for long as well...claims he is not a mad vocal motivator says he is a nice quite type, yeah I get ya...sometimes reving up some prima donnas is needed, just cause he had a few premierships in the Aleague dont mean your a World Cup coach of the year.....my tip is we will bomb out, we need to win the next 2 games in the group stage, Arnold had to contend with several long term injuries to key players one was Boyd the Scott turned Aussie who was about the only live wire forward we had.......Arnold probably WILL get to keep his job after a disastrous Asian Cup defence my tip is we WILL eventually go back to a European coach and they should be looking at the Jordan coach.

Apart from Docker Harley no ones been acting up over xmas....nice change....big Max surprised girl friend with an engagement ring while hiking in NZ the pic is of she and he still with beard on top of the slopes and her all happy....there all starting to settle down and get married in Demon land there for the that equals kids and stability at least in the short term and a couple of flags coming our way...

5G..Telstra announces its on from middle of this year and WILL have 5G capable mobile phones to get you hot hands on seems they done deals with LG and Samsung among others...what is 5G....it could be used for rapid download speeds means in seconds.....cowpow......bingo....presto.....gaming apps will be stunning and stuff like that...dont mean much to me....apparently I read there is 2 types of 5G confusing? it is as Telstra phones will only offer one of them....since I use my phone as what a phone was meant to be used for it wont worry me one little bit but tech savvy Sudds might have a delima .....

Apple are in no hurry to to offer 5G cause its dam fast anyway must say my iPhone XR is like my GTI zoooooooommmmmm.....

• Thanks 1

C'mon De Minaur!!

Not only a big footy ball supporter but follow the yellow fluff too.

Fed looks to take the Nutella home though.

Looks like leather poisoning finally struck Tommy Mitchell down... Broke his leg and out for the season... Poor fella... Probably would've been the first player to crack the million dollar price tag for the fantasy leagues...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stud858 said:

C'mon De Minaur!!

Not only a big footy ball supporter but follow the yellow fluff too.

Fed looks to take the Nutella home though.

What you talking about boy? we on the same planet?

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, AlexRRR said:

What you talking about boy? we on the same planet?

Young de Minaur wins first set. Cheer Alex, cheer ya guts out. 

Edited by stud858