Jump to content
Too

What do you need for a medical certificate to apply for a work permit?

Recommended Posts

Seems a bit confusing and different depending on where you are. I'm in Chonburi.

As someone said best to go to your work permit department and find out. Then just do it all in one go at a clinic or small hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the department of labour offices don't really care what you get checked, so long as it's got a doctor's signature on the certificate.

However, I've heard that there are some offices which check.

imo just submit the certificate you already have, it should be fine. If it's not, then the school will come back to you and say that it wasn't the right one, and for you to do another test before they re-apply.

For my driver's licence test, the photocoping vendor at the testing office had a stack of pre-signed medical tests available for anyone who needed them, 50 THB and the photocopier would fill in your name. The medical certificates really are just a formality (Although if you "look" sick, then they might require them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

I went back to the local government hospital the next day. I got there past 3 pm, by which time it had slowed down. The staff and the nurses still remembered me

and I told them I'd also need a blood test (VDRL). Then one of them took me straight to a room where I got my blood collected. I waited half an hour and was taken to another room where a doctor interviewed with me, said I had been tested negative and signed the certificate. I paid only 50B for it.  I took it back to my school where the secretary checked it out, but she told me she couldn't find anything about the blood test on the paper so I got back to the hospital again and saw the doctor going back home. I told him I needed to have the result of the blood test on the certificate, and he started to complain to the staff and the nurses about not doing it for me. He finally put down on the paper, *VDRL Negative!*

Amazing Thailand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puma's post is correct for a teacher getting a doctors certificate for WP and extension of stay.. BUT some Labour offices just accept the standard driving license style one.. it's wrong and is it worth the risk IF things go pear shaped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2015 at 10:17 AM, Too said:

Hello!

I went back to the local government hospital the next day. I got there past 3 pm, by which time it had slowed down. The staff and the nurses still remembered me and I told them I'd also need a blood test (VDRL). Then one of them took me straight to a room where I got my blood collected. I waited half an hour and was taken to another room where a doctor interviewed with me, said I had been tested negative and signed the certificate. I paid only 50B for it. I took it back to my school where the secretary checked it out, but she told me she couldn't find anything about the blood test on the paper so I got back to the hospital again and saw the doctor going back home. I told him I needed to have the result of the blood test on the certificate, and he started to complain to the staff and the nurses about not doing it for me. He finally put down on the paper, *VDRL Negative!*

Amazing Thailand...

If the labor department asks you how much you paid, it has to be more than 500 baht, otherwise they get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2015 at 4:33 PM, timendres said:

If you are in Bangkok, please do yourself a big favor and go to BunRunGrad hospital. Go to the walk-in clinic building, go to floor 15, and tell the receptionist you need a medial certificate for a work permit. You will meet a doctor who will ask you a few questions, sign a form, and you will be out with a medical certificate for 900 baht. No tests, no blood work, nothing. The most hassle free medical certificate in BKK.

Not quite as hassle free as one of the clinics on Silom. In, out in 5 minutes. Signed medical certificate 100 baht. Accepted at Labour office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, jenny2017 said:

If the labor department asks you how much you paid, it has to be more than 500 baht, otherwise they get it. 

 

What ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was using my Non-B visa and working directly as MD of my companies, and therefore needed a Work Permit, it DID require a blood test for Syphilis on a few occasions, which did require me to go to the hospital that could perform the blood test.  Other times, it was the simple 50-100 baht "check pulse, blood pressure, stethoscope" and basic medical background questions that were all done at a small clinic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PunkRockerGuy said:

When I was using my Non-B visa and working directly as MD of my companies, and therefore needed a Work Permit, it DID require a blood test for Syphilis on a few occasions, which did require me to go to the hospital that could perform the blood test.  Other times, it was the simple 50-100 baht "check pulse, blood pressure, stethoscope" and basic medical background questions that were all done at a small clinic.  

I have NEVER encountered the chest x-ray requirement for any Work Permit I had from 2002-2015 or so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 18 July 2018 04:03
Sponsors
×