Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

3,033 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I live in Ubon and use the immigration office here that is under division 4 and as I said I have been doing my reports by mail.

I think you might be confusing the immigration office in Korat with division 4 headquarters that is located in Korat.

Quite possibly. Thank you for the correction.

ID: 3032   Posted (edited)

Before the Udon Thani Immigration office (who readily accept mailed reports) opened we had to deal with Nong Khai (back then it was a hive of the most intolerable men and woman working the Thai Immigration organization). They, in their wisdom, refused to accept mailed reports after many years of doing so. Me - I bit the bullet and sent em in anyway using my EMS receipt of proof that the report had been submitted - Great thing with EMS is someone has to sign for it = my report served to them = it never bit me on the arse.

I believe that somewhere in the system there is a rule which states if you can prove the 90 day report was sent there is no penalty!

Who cares if they do not want to issue a receipt?

Edited by bdenner
Clarification
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Before the Udon Thani Immigration office (who readily accept mailed reports) opened we had to deal with Nong Khai (back then it was a hive of the most intolerable men and woman working the Thai Immigration organization). They, in their wisdom, refused to accept mailed reports after many years of doing so. Me - I bit the bullet and sent em in anyway using my EMS receipt of proof that the report had been submitted - Great thing with EMS is someone has to sign for it = my report served to them = it never bit me on the arse.

I believe that somewhere in the system there is a rule which states if you can prove the 90 day report was sent there is no penalty!

Who cares if they do not want to issue a receipt?

Useful ... and brave!