Thailand Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

New Immigration Office

maanoi    265

If possible, probably a good idea to get extensions done now, rather than waiting until the new office opens. I predict a few days / weeks of madness while everything settles down at promenada.

• Like 2

NancyL    6,818

A couple other questions:

Will they continue to offer some of the same services at the current office? For example, it's my understanding that in some provinces you can submit 90-day reports in several locations.

What about Cert. of Residency? Will that remain across the highway with the Burmese?

Thailand    8,036

"3. Services. Based on below it would appear some services will still be at the old building. They do not mention extensions based on marriage, extensions based on work/business or extensions for teachers/academics so assume these will continue in the old facility."

Or they simply omitted them from the poster in error/lack of space as it makes little sense to have a separate office?

Tywais    12,087

"3. Services. Based on below it would appear some services will still be at the old building. They do not mention extensions based on marriage, extensions based on work/business or extensions for teachers/academics so assume these will continue in the old facility."

Or they simply omitted them from the poster in error/lack of space as it makes little sense to have a separate office?

In a way it does as it will significantly reduce the crowding at one office. Or they may want to do it in steps due to resources & space. Will like to find out as my reserved queue for annual extension is Sept. 7 for purpose of work (academia). smile.png

• Like 2

Just1Voice    13,282

Had 2 questions, but read the OP again and they were answered.

My bad.

wai2.gif

Edited by Just1Voice

wimpy    71

Have an appointment for retirement extension on July 20th. Assume I report to the new location?

Edited by wimpy

technologybytes    2,129

It'll be interesting to see how it works out at promenade, it's certainly a good move.

I must admit I did not believe it would ever happen, but now it seems convincing that it might be real.

Edited by technologybytes

TheAppletons    2,015

In a way it does as it will significantly reduce the crowding at one office. Or they may want to do it in steps due to resources & space. Will like to find out as my reserved queue for annual extension is Sept. 7 for purpose of work (academia). smile.png

Speculation, of course, but if the reason for the move is so that they can renovate/remodel/expand the existing facility, then it's unlikely that any services would remain there.

• Like 1

connda    4,432

I'll believe it's a good thing when we get to see the size and physical accommodation at the new facility.

Will it be a spacious area with enough chairs for all individuals waiting for service, have places to fill out forms, and a modern common-sense queuing system -- or will it be a shoe-box sized store front where everyone will need to stand outside in the mall, queues are handed out to a frenzied group of customers once a day in a "he who is the most aggressive gets a ticket" manner, and you can fill out your forms using the floor as a table and a place to sit.

And, where is the Promanade Resort. Is it a mall or a real resort? I have no idea where this place is. And Floor G? That's 7 stories. Do they have an elevator for disabled / handicapped foreigners?

One plus, maybe it will actually have A/C.

Tywais    12,087

And, where is the Promanade Resort. Is it a mall or a real resort? I have no idea where this place is. And Floor G? That's 7 stories. Do they have an elevator for disabled / handicapped foreigners?

Promenada Resort Mall Google Maps

Floor G = Ground Floor?

• Like 1

I do not think the question of mailing address for 90 day report was answered,or did I miss it? Mine is due on the 21st of july and would hate to mail it to the old office and be late.Any knowlege about new street address.

• Like 1

connda    4,432

I'll believe it's a good thing when we get to see the size and physical accommodation at the new facility.

Will it be a spacious area with enough chairs for all individuals waiting for service, have places to fill out forms, and a modern common-sense queuing system -- or will it be a shoe-box sized store front where everyone will need to stand outside in the mall, queues are handed out to a frenzied group of customers once a day in a "he who is the most aggressive gets a ticket" manner, and you can fill out your forms using the floor as a table and a place to sit.

One plus, maybe it will actually have A/C.

When's it open for service, that is, on which days and at what time. This 'mall' is not officially open until 11am M-F. So, at what time will immigration services be available?