BANGKOK 15 December 2018 03:54
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

dont worry be happy i live in chiang dao 1h30 bus to come immigration 555+

You think that you have it tough.

I live in Fang - 150km from CNX.

They have a local I/O for 90 reporting

We have to drive 6km - park right outside. 99% of clientele are Burmese. Directly after lunch, empty!

No retirement visa extensions so it is necessary to come to CNX once per year.

We are suffering!

dont worry be happy i live in chiang dao 1h30 bus to come immigration 555+

You absolutely have my utmost respect and sympathy. It's not like Immigration couldn't have small offices in each province; it's they choose not to.

Which makes me believe we're on the social strata between dogs, buffaloes, and criminals. Well, unless you're a 'connected' foreigner.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

I've got an appointment for early-October, on the fixed-time-appointment system, to get my annual-extension based on retirement.

Will that be at the new One-Stop Promenada-office, or the old location, can anybody tell me ?

• Like 1

I've got an appointment for early-October, on the fixed-time-appointment system, to get my annual-extension based on retirement.

Will that be at the new One-Stop Promenada-office, or the old location, can anybody tell me ?

Retirement extensions are done at the new Promenada office.

• Like 1

We had one poster note the crowd in the morning and the unusual number of people who had to have their hand held.

How was it in the Afternoon. Did any one note how many permission to stay a year were given out? They try for 50 a day.

Was there any extra staff such as three for the permission to stay rather than the two. Do they have room for more staff?wai.gif

A friend called to report on how his retirement extension was processed this morning. He had an appointment and the Immigration officer was 20 minutes late in calling his name, but apologized for being late. He said there was only one I/O for each function -- one for retirement extensions, one for 90 day reports, one for re-entry permits and they didn't have assistants like they did at the old office. Customers have to wait outside in the heat and there aren't enough chairs. He wondered how people without appointments were even being seen -- at best the one officer could handle maybe one between appointments.

His appointment was at 10:30 and he was told to come back after lunch to pick up his passport.

He wasn't asked to provide any proof of address.

They did have a couple of interns screening documents, but they missed a copy that he needed. He also heard them tell someone that doing a retirement extension counts as doing a 90-day report. Wrong!

He says the new office is very clean and uncluttered. I guess that's nice anyway.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

I went to Promanada to do a 90 day report yesterday. My first one. There were a few snafus. When I went to the first desk I was issued a wrong color card for 90 day reporting. Once I got this figured out I got a green colored card. When I got to the desk and since it was my first time reporting I needed a form (TM 48 I think ....verifiying my residence at the guesthouse I stay) so I was shifted to another desk. I think the immigration people call and verify that you actually live where you reported. But I could be wrong ..just what I was told. When that was completed I went back to the 90 day line.

The girl at the residency desk did not tell any of use that we would need to have our paperwork from the residency desk copied so the first person back to 90 day was told... and then 5 or so of us headed to the copy shop. Then back and completed.

I arrived at 12:15pm and was issued a number. Was told to come back after 1pm. About 1:30 or so I figured out I had the wrong color and swaped it out for the correct one. About 2:30 or 2:45 I got to 90 desk and was sent to 'housemaster' desk. then back to 90 day around 3:45. Completed and out the door a litle before 4pm. Effectively 3 hours total. Those with 90 day reporting only (no residency thing) were in and out in 1 to 1.5 hours total if they came in right after lunch.

One big issue I encountered had nothing to do with immigration. There were no red trucks outside to hitch a ride back to the Old City. sad.png Across the superhighway at the other immigration they were plenty of red trucks)

I lived in Los Angeles for years. Going here and doing the 90 day report was no worse then going to the DMV for a drivers license. But I will do my reports be mail from now on if I can.

Edited by jmd8800

what about online meeting for 60 days extension thai child ? airport or promenada ?

A friend called to report on how his retirement extension was processed this morning. He had an appointment and the Immigration officer was 20 minutes late in calling his name, but apologized for being late. He said there was only one I/O for each function -- one for retirement extensions, one for 90 day reports, one for re-entry permits and they didn't have assistants like they did at the old office. Customers have to wait outside in the heat and there aren't enough chairs. He wondered how people without appointments were even being seen -- at best the one officer could handle maybe one between appointments.

His appointment was at 10:30 and he was told to come back after lunch to pick up his passport.

He wasn't asked to provide any proof of address.

They did have a couple of interns screening documents, but they missed a copy that he needed. He also heard them tell someone that doing a retirement extension counts as doing a 90-day report. Wrong!

He says the new office is very clean and uncluttered. I guess that's nice anyway.

90 day reports can be done by mail if online doesn't work. Re entry permits are done at the airport. That would free all i/o to do the real stuff.

Is the I/O near the CNX airport closing after Promenada opens?

Is the I/O near the CNX airport closing after Promenada opens?

The one at the airport is still open for some services and no indication if or when they will transfer all functions to the new facility. Talk on Thaivisa (rumors) is the new facility will be rebuilt, but that is not a certainty at the moment. If so, then the services there will have to move to another location.

Any chance of starting a thread to give experiences at the new office. 31 posts and about two people who had been there and one who talked to some one on the phone. Might as well start up a hamburger thread will get more responses about them than this thread is getting about it's subject. Count me in. You now have 33 posts.

• Like 1