BANGKOK 14 November 2018 01:22
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Public acceptance in nuclear power is key to building such plants in Thailand

If they ever get around to building a Nuclear Power Plant here in Thailand,

I will be on the first plane out.with someone like Somchai Simpson at the

controls. Lets see how they get on with the Fast Trains first !.

regards Worgeordie

Predicated on the assumption that the "west" is free of incompetent numb nuts??

Don't fly to safety in the US, Japan or Russia.

Three Mile Island, Sequoayah Nuclear Power Plant, Fukushima Daiichi , Chernobyl ...

and don't fly on Allegiant Air with Clarabelle the Farang in the pilot's seat chatting with a demented air controller.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3177458/The-horrifying-recording-passenger-plane-pilot-THREE-minutes-fuel-left-told-air-traffic-control-t-land-airport-closed.html

A shocking recording has emerged of a passenger plane pilot with just three minutes of fuel being told that he can't land at an airport because the runway was closed.

Allegiant Air flight 426 was circling Fargo's Hector International Airport in North Dakota requesting permission to land, but was notified that the airport was out of service as the Navy's Blue Angels were practising for a forthcoming air show

• Like 2

I would not trust Thailand with a nuclear plant!

or bridge building

Please please please no to nuclear! !!

Can never get rid of the waste and processing is complex and risky.

I used to work with the damn stuff! !!

• Like 2

The day Thailand operates a nuclear reactor will mark my last day in the Kingdom.

A country which to date cannot operate a functioning, safe, pedestrian crossing system within its urban areas is not one yet ready for the storage of radioactive material.

And which country would you consider good enough for safe nuclear power?

More important: How do you make possible fallout stop at the border?

For the love of all humanity: let us hope Thailand never ever ever gets nuclear power.

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 2

I would not trust Thailand with a nuclear plant!

Me neither.

Somchai can barely wire a house adequately. The prospect of nuclear power in Thailand is utterly terrifying.

• Like 2

And the guys at the TAT are already busy to prepare press releases like: "The latest maximum credible accident (MCA) had no impact on the continuously increasing number of tourist arrivals."clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

This is great news!

Already lots of people who seem to love nothing better than to bash Thailand and criticise anything and everything are threatening to leave. Please, lets embark on a large scale program of nuclear facilities across the whole country.

• Like 2

Vietnam is going to have their own Nuclear power plants. Japan and Russian are going to construct them.

I know for a fact that Thai government has been quietly discussing about this with Japanese and a few others for many years now. For country's future power needs, I really don't mind Thailand taking nuclear path. Go for it.

• Like 1

More wasted oxygen......whilst a couple major players...Japan & Germany have decided to stop or reduce their dependence on nuclear energy, Thailand would be indebted for decades if only 1 power reactor was constructed.....and that after 10-20 years planning and developement.

Whether Thailand would be permitted to purchase the source is a major factor also.

The Philipines have a reactor, albeit rather old technology nowadays, but have been unable to purchase fuel for obvious reasons.

Renewable energy is the way of the future.....definately not coal, not nuclear......!

I seen a programme recently where it said Japan was in the process of building more plants...far too early at this point in time, some said?

More wasted oxygen......whilst a couple major players...Japan & Germany have decided to stop or reduce their dependence on nuclear energy, Thailand would be indebted for decades if only 1 power reactor was constructed.....and that after 10-20 years planning and developement.

Whether Thailand would be permitted to purchase the source is a major factor also.

The Philipines have a reactor, albeit rather old technology nowadays, but have been unable to purchase fuel for obvious reasons.

Renewable energy is the way of the future.....definately not coal, not nuclear......!

Subs and nuclear reactors what is the next item up on the silly agenda awards. Renewables definitely is the way to go. There is so much sunshine here and I see few solar panels. We could be the Asian hub of solar.

• Like 1

What, there's not enough sunlight here?

Surely too solar lends itself to a highly distributed grid, lots os small (household, school, factory... ) installations feeding into and off of a connected national grid... Large power plants are a targetable single point of failure

If government were to actively promote and even subsidise (who needs submarines) solar, then how far could the country get towards a distributed grid based on renewables?