sunoco27

Chiang Rai Immigration

Last week i was in and out for my new retirement visa in only 30 minutes!

Always excelent service at chiang rai immigration office!

Robinsons

• Like 2

Chiang Rai Immigration has always been one of the (lesser known outside this Province) advantages to living here. My retirement extension took about 30 minutes, most of which was chatting with the agent. A 90 days usually takes 3 minutes.

And no requirement for advance bookings, reservations, lineups.

Makes reading about the joys of Chiang Mai I(mmigration so much more fun.

• Like 2

I never had any problems at MaeSai either, they were always polite, friendly and helpful.

• Like 2

You can find more information about CR Immigration in this older thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699802-immigration-office-in-cr-open/

The office is near where the annual flower show is held on the river. It is on the ring-road at the intersection which leads to the airport in one direction or the bridge in the other.

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

And Jesus wept. A Chiang Mai resident. Please no more of this good news on immigration around the country I cannot stand it anymore. We seem to live on a lifeboat here with a hole in the bottom in the middle of the ocean. Up a creek without a paddle.

• Like 1

2.5 years in CM and every time I go to CR I ask myself why do I live in CM... and now with the complete cluster <deleted> at CM immigration I'm really banging my head.
CR really is a nicer place in my opinion.

Though we are blessed with an immigration office which is convenient and staffed by wonderful people, it doesn’t stop the odd individual putting on a display of bad behavior and trying their best to spoil the mood of the place.