sunoco27

Chiang Rai Immigration

I recently moved to Chiang Rai from Khon Kaen. When I tried to report my new address to Chiang Rai Immjigration the officer told me that I could not report my new address to CR Immigration and that I could not make 90 reports in CR. He told me that I had to make my report to the Khon Kaen office because my visa renewal was made in Khon Kaen.

Does anyone know whether this is true?

When I moved from Chon Buri to Khon Kaen a while back the K K office allowed me to report my address in K K.

Also, does anyone know where one can get accurate up-to-date information about immigration rules. The website is outdated and local Immigration Officers don't give consistent answers.

What can you do when you think you are getting inaccurate information from an Immigration Officer?

Edited by soup501

The Immigration Office covering the new location in Chiang Rai should allow you to file a Change of Address form.

As Seligne2 wrote, you'll probably need to furnish copies of the House Registration, owner information, along with completed and TM28, TM30, and your normal TM47.

http://www.immigration.go.th/ Download Forms available as DOC and PDF formats

Form for Aliens to Notify Their Change of Address or Their Stay in the Province over 24 Hours (TM.28)

Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay (TM.30)

Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days (TM.47)

• Like 2

Chiang Rai Immjigration the officer told me that I could not report my new address to CR Immigration and that I could not make 90 reports in CR. He told me that I had to make my report to the Khon Kaen office because my visa renewal was made in Khon Kaen.

Soup501,

Cross-posting the same query in multiple topics isn't allowed. Since you first posted your question here, the MODS have deleted your created topic and moved the responses here. The question is fine, double-posting isn't.

Back to your question: You may need to take a Thai speaker you understand along with you to Immigration to help. People with 'extensions' from other provinces/districts move all the time. You just need to provide the proper paperwork to the 'correct' person, even if the 'correct' person is someone different from the Immigration Officer you originally spoke to.

• Like 1

The Immigration Office covering the new location in Chiang Rai should allow you to file a Change of Address form.

As Seligne2 wrote, you'll probably need to furnish copies of the House Registration, owner information, along with completed and TM28, TM30, and your normal TM47.

http://www.immigration.go.th/ Download Forms available as DOC and PDF formats

Form for Aliens to Notify Their Change of Address or Their Stay in the Province over 24 Hours (TM.28)

Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay (TM.30)

Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days (TM.47)

So a three day trip to Chiang Mai or Bangkok has to be notified?

If you travel around the country and stay in hotels it is their responsibility to notify the authorities and most hotels have you fill out a form and take a copy of your passport. Some places we have stayed didn’t bother or only wanted my wife’s ID to avoid the paperwork. If we stay with friends we don’t bother telling anyone and no one has ever asked.

I understand the instinctual response when something goes wrong is to blame the Thais but quite often it is a language problem, misunderstanding or an attitude problem on the part of the irate foreigner. It makes sense that you can’t do a 90 day report until you have registered a change of address which would logically include informing the old immigration office that you have moved so they can take you off their local list.
  • Like 1

So a three day trip to Chiang Mai or Bangkok has to be notified?

I think once they figured out this wasn't Russia, the Thai Immigration decided not to strictly enforce that particular rule. Maybe because there is no profit in it for them.

Most members have reported that Immigration will either be surly, short, or say "Mai Pen Rai", not wanting to be bothered with the short stay.

But other members have posted, when doing their 90-day in a new province, "Upon leaving they gave me a warning, Make sure if I travel to another province for more than (3) days to report to that Immigration office with an address form."

So I guess it just depends on whose fiefdom you've trodden into. Though, if moving, I would suggest doing the TM28 even if you don't need to report yet.

• Like 1

I have to go to Chiang Mai - GGrrr!

I am sending the Thai Mafia out to Chiang Rai.

The Exterminator Squad.

Did my first 90 day check in today, office was empty apart from staff, waved straight to the counter, smiles all round, business completed in less than two minutes, more smiles and wais all round.

Hope no one from Chiang Mai is reading this.... cool.pngcool.pngcool.png

60 day extension need to go at cm immigration around 4 5 am what a big joke 5555555+

• Like 1

That's something I just realized is really lacking on TV. A DISLIKE button.

If there had been I just pushed it. Twice.

Did my first 90 day check in today, office was empty apart from staff, waved straight to the counter, smiles all round, business completed in less than two minutes, more smiles and wais all round.

Hope no one from Chiang Mai is reading this.... cool.pngcool.pngcool.png

60 day extension need to go at cm immigration around 4 5 am what a big joke 5555555+

• Like 1

We know how to do things right here in Chiangrai. I was first in line at immigration when they opened the door after lunch today. I walked out the door at 2 o'clock with my visa extension complete.

We know how to do things right here in Chiangrai. I was first in line at immigration when they opened the door after lunch today. I walked out the door at 2 o'clock with my visa extension complete.

We were there for 2hrs45m for retirement yesterday. Good thing you are not on that there are only 2 days they can do them.n Polite and helpful as usual though.

Edited by harrry