sunoco27

Chiang Rai Immigration

We know how to do things right here in Chiangrai. I was first in line at immigration when they opened the door after lunch today. I walked out the door at 2 o'clock with my visa extension complete.

We were there for 2hrs45m for retirement yesterday. Good thing you are not on that there are only 2 days they can do them.n Polite and helpful as usual though.

I seem to remember someone waxing lyrical about retirement visas and saying never again to marriage visas. I could have gotten that confused though. I never have any problems with my marriage visa.

We know how to do things right here in Chiangrai. I was first in line at immigration when they opened the door after lunch today. I walked out the door at 2 o'clock with my visa extension complete.

We were there for 2hrs45m for retirement yesterday. Good thing you are not on that there are only 2 days they can do them.n Polite and helpful as usual though.

I seem to remember someone waxing lyrical about retirement visas and saying never again to marriage visas. I could have gotten that confused though. I never have any problems with my marriage visa.

It was not me. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The needs and how they percieve them is up to the individual. I have chosen the retirement route for now.

My comment was related to the fact that the officers were particularly busy and still remained helpful and polite. I think some of the visistors enoyed a cup of hours picnicing on the grass in the shade of palm trees. Of course the crowd there was not just retirement visas. It included 90 day reports. tourist extensions and dare I say marriage visa extensions.

A pity you did not come a day earlier. Would have been nice to see you.

It was not me. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The needs and how they percieve them is up to the individual. I have chosen the retirement route for now.

My comment was related to the fact that the officers were particularly busy and still remained helpful and polite. I think some of the visistors enoyed a cup of hours picnicing on the grass in the shade of palm trees. Of course the crowd there was not just retirement visas. It included 90 day reports. tourist extensions and dare I say marriage visa extensions.

A pity you did not come a day earlier. Would have been nice to see you.

Yes indeed, it would have been nice to catch up.

I guess this week is just busy. I stopped by last Tuesday to check on requirements for this year. You know, just to see if anything had changed. There was one other person at the counter so I was a little surprised when there were more people today. It is getting closer to the end of the year, though, so it is busy everywhere.

Edited by villagefarang

I was there yesterday and it was the busiest I have ever seen the office. I was there for 90 day report and TM30 lodgement. We were there for about 45 minutes. What time did you go?

1 pm

I was the guy sitting in the grey vigo outside. (there is not wheelchair access).

A pity I did not know you to recognise as it would have been nice to talk to you.

• Like 1

1 pm

I was the guy sitting in the grey vigo outside. (there is not wheelchair access).

A pity I did not know you to recognise as it would have been nice to talk to you.

I was out of there about 1030 so we would have missed each other. It would be good to catch up.

The CR Immigration office is located by the airport, by the road on the landing corner. About 20 minutes from downtown.

Sometimes the office is empty, taking 5 minutes in and out for the 90 days, and 20 minutes for the one year extension, but.... I usually stay longer every time to enjoy the nice seats, the AC, and the free coffee, and to keep the staff busy listening to my BS. Poor guys...they are bored most of the times!..and I will go just to visit them to say Hello, and to chat with the nice looking officers..but..my wife insist in going with me every time. She do not trust me. I met her in a Government office too.

If you are single..ask for Oi...she rocks!...

Edited by BKResort

Members are advised to check the dates if their immigration visit falls due around the last week of October.

The 23rd and 26th will both be public holidays.

Went in and got my stamp and finished in 5 minutes . Spent more time in there talking to the officer who was retiring in the next week.

We went to Immigration Monday just after 9.00. It was packed, I counted to 22 people waiting. 

We were there so wife could report her husband was back in the house after our trip to Hanoi. 

I prepared for a long wait but we were out within 20 minutes. 

OK, it was not 22 customers because most customers came with 1 or 2 helpers.

• Like 2

It was busy there today, I had to make two trips after some paperwork was deemed unsuitable but waited about 45 minutes in the morning and probably at least an hour in the afternoon.

Went in about 9.00am to activate new visa today and was in and out in about 15 minutes.

About 5 waiting (according to the tickets) when I arrived but they have a lass at a desk at the door who took my passport and jumped me over the queue.

Not sure if it's because I'm hansum or a ThaiVisa member. :cool: