ubonjoe

Border Run Alternatives

608 posts in this topic

ID: 51   Posted (edited)

Morning,

Never been on an extension of stay, always Multi 0 'Visa' so leave Thailand and re-enter for the next 90 days etc.

A couple of days before the 'Visa' expires I do the the same and get another 90 so for the past few years each 'Visa' has covered me for almost 15 months.

If the circumstances didn't suit, or whatever, at the end of the last 90 entry, ie at the end of the 15 months is it possible to get the 60 day extension at Imm', (1900 baht) bearing in mind that the Multi 0 'Visa' has actually expired 3 months before or is that expiry date irrelevant ?

If possible it would mean almost 17 months between each 'Visa'

You can apply for the 60 day extension if you are married to a Thai or have a Thai child for the last entry from your visa or any of the others.

The visas expiration date (enter before date) is just the last day you can do an entry using the visa. It does not limit the amount of time you can be in the country.

Ubon can i aplly for a 60 days extension after a border run or only after a non O visa ?

Edited by thai006

Morning,

Never been on an extension of stay, always Multi 0 'Visa' so leave Thailand and re-enter for the next 90 days etc.

A couple of days before the 'Visa' expires I do the the same and get another 90 so for the past few years each 'Visa' has covered me for almost 15 months.

If the circumstances didn't suit, or whatever, at the end of the last 90 entry, ie at the end of the 15 months is it possible to get the 60 day extension at Imm', (1900 baht) bearing in mind that the Multi 0 'Visa' has actually expired 3 months before or is that expiry date irrelevant ?

If possible it would mean almost 17 months between each 'Visa'

Yes you can do a 60 (married or have child) or 30 day extension at the end of any entry. Also, if you use extensions during the first 12 months you can also do one less border run.

Typically someone has 5 stays of 90 days and has to do 4 border runs giving about 15 months.

• (90) exit (90) exit (90) exit (90) exit (90) new visa

If they extend the first three 90 day stays by 30 days and then extend the final entry by 60 or 30 days they've got nearly 17 or 16 months for only 3 border runs.

• (90+30) exit (90+30) exit (90+30) exit (90+60/30) new visa.

If someone is married or has a child I think 3 x 4 month stays followed by a 5 month stay is the best option, but as the cost of 30 and 60 day extensions is the same (1,900) they could apply for 60 days each time, which gives several other combinations of stays between each exit.

No i just got my multiple entry non o marraige 3 months ago so i need to do my first 90 day stamp. I got my visa in Savannakhet.

Just go to local Immigration for your 90-check-in.

Your visa is for a year right?

That is puzzling me also. I know two people with some sort of a business visa set up that go out of country every 90 days and only have to renew every 15 months.

If they are here to live permanently will the government continue to allow 90 day visa runs for ever?

No i just got my multiple entry non o marraige 3 months ago so i need to do my first 90 day stamp. I got my visa in Savannakhet.

Just go to local Immigration for your 90-check-in.

Your visa is for a year right?

That is puzzling me also. I know two people with some sort of a business visa set up that go out of country every 90 days and only have to renew every 15 months.

If they are here to live permanently will the government continue to allow 90 day visa runs for ever?

As long as those people have multi-entry visa the must and will be allowed to leave and return every 90 days.

For some it is the only option because, for whatever reason, they do not qualify for an extension of stay.

Northernjohn.

I do multi 0 because my wife works O and G contract 6 days a week and we go somewhere for a few days every three months and she gets a break from work. I do sometimes work and have never had a problem with getting a WP. I also enjoy the long weekend from work. 3 or 4 days on a different beach or nice hotel is good.

If I can I will stay on a Multi 0 as long as I can, if not I'll go for retirement extension and join the great unwashed in a crowded office every three months, but only if I have to.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the clarification UJ.

So who is the reporting (on-line, postal or personal) applicable to ?

Am I correct that for the 60 day extension I still have to go to the IO (eg. Kap Choeng) but do not have to cross the border ?

Cheers,

BB

If you had a one year extension of stay or were able to do consecutive shorter extensions you would do 90 day reports.

You will apply for the 60 day extension at your local immigration office.

Since you can only do one 60 day extension per entry it would not require doing a 90 day report because the extension application is considered a report.

UJ,

Thank you once again for your assistance.

What do I require to take with me to IO for the 60 day extension (in addition to a letter from my wifes doctor as mentioned previously) ?

Cheers,

BB

Thanks for the clarification UJ.

So who is the reporting (on-line, postal or personal) applicable to ?

Am I correct that for the 60 day extension I still have to go to the IO (eg. Kap Choeng) but do not have to cross the border ?

Cheers,

BB

If you had a one year extension of stay or were able to do consecutive shorter extensions you would do 90 day reports.

You will apply for the 60 day extension at your local immigration office.

Since you can only do one 60 day extension per entry it would not require doing a 90 day report because the extension application is considered a report.

UJ,

Thank you once again for your assistance.

What do I require to take with me to IO for the 60 day extension (in addition to a letter from my wifes doctor as mentioned previously) ?

Cheers,

BB

Marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's ID card and house book registry signed and darted by her.

If not living where your wife's house book is for you will need proof of residence.

Any application form to be filled out or do I just go in with required paperwork and say I would like a 60 day extension ?

Any application form to be filled out or do I just go in with required paperwork and say I would like a 60 day extension ?

The standard extension application form TM.7

You will need a completed TM7 form with and attached 4 cm X 6 cm photo attached.

Download and print 2 sided, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf or doc format you can complete and print. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

Hello. My tourist 30 day visa is due to expire soon. I previously renewed once already via Laos with no problems. Is it ok to renew again via Laos? Many thanks, KS

Hello. My tourist 30 day visa is due to expire soon. I previously renewed once already via Laos with no problems. Is it ok to renew again via Laos? Many thanks, KS

Seems you have a 30 day visa exempt entry not a tourist visa.

You would be best advised to obtain a Tourist Visa from the Thai Consulate in Vientiane .

Attempting to obtain another visa exempt entry may result in refusal.

Their is no 30 day tourist visa. I assume you mean you have a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You can get a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht unless your 30 day visa exempt entry is from a bilateral agreement. If you are from a G7 country then not a problem to get one.

Not sure you can get a 3rd back to back visa exempt entry. Which crossing will you be using?

If you plan on staying longer crossing to get a tourist visa at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet would be best. That would give you a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. You can get a 2 entry visa that would give you almost 6 months of total stay.

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I meant the exempt visa, which cost 1500 baht last visit as from UK. I'd be crossing over from Sisaket to Laos. However the tourist visa via Vientiane looks better. Thanks again for your help. Great forum :)

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I meant the exempt visa, which cost 1500 baht last visit as from UK. I'd be crossing over from Sisaket to Laos. However the tourist visa via Vientiane looks better. Thanks again for your help. Great forum smile.png

The border with Sisaket is Cambodia or did you go to Chong Mek here in Ubon.

For the visa Savannakhet is across the river from Mukdahan which is close to Sisaket

Yes, went via Ubon Ratchathani then to Laos. Didnt realise about Savannakhet. Laos is easier as my partner speaks Laos too. I may now look towards a further extended visa as my partner is a Thai citizen and we have a house in Sisaket. Presumably I would then need to got to Vientiane with all the relevant paperwork?

Yes, went via Ubon Ratchathani then to Laos. Didnt realise about Savannakhet. Laos is easier as my partner speaks Laos too. I may now look towards a further extended visa as my partner is a Thai citizen and we have a house in Sisaket. Presumably I would then need to got to Vientiane with all the relevant paperwork?

There is no difference between what visas Savannakhet can issue and Vientiane.

If you were married to a Thai Savannakhet will issue a multiple entry visa non-o visa but Vientiane will not as an example.

What kind of extended visa do you expect to get.

What are you seeking to achieve?

There are very few visa options available if you are not married, over 50, working or following an Education course.

Thank you. I'm looking to stay in Thailand permanently after securing employment.

That would be a single entry non-b visa that you can get in Savannakhet. Then a one year extension of stay at immigration.

1 person likes this

What is the quickest option from Hua Hin?

No where is going to to be close by.

Mae Sot is the closest I think. After that perhaps Rangoon.

The quickest would be to arrange a flight form Bangkok to one of places mentioned in the topic.

There is also the train sooth to Hat Yai..and then Pedang Baser.

Ranong is a option from HH, approx 4.5 hours by car,

I spoke with Ranong Immi this morning, it is ok to activate the 2nd part of a Double Entry TV there, you must show 20,000 Baht and a onward ticket out of Thailand

Iam planning to go there on 30th September if things do not change, see my post in the HH Forum about this

I can confirm that as of yesterday (22 Sept) No problems with an Out/In at Ranong>Kawthaung with a Non-O multi entry

1 person likes this

Can I get the 15/30 day visa exempt entry at a laos boarder?

Yes if you're from a nation qualifying for visa exempt entry.

Can I get the 15/30 day visa exempt entry at a laos boa

Can I get the 15/30 day visa exempt entry at a laos boarder?

Yes if you're from a nation qualifying for visa exempt entry.

rder?

Yes, providing you are not attempting entry using back to back visa exempt entries.