Thailand Forum
ubonjoe

Border Run Alternatives

aoneseller    6
On 8/3/2017 at 2:02 PM, elviajero said:
On 8/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, bogus1965 said:

What's the latest at the Ban Phu Nam Ron Border crossings, for 90 day out/in on non-O based on marriage visa?

Currently ok the do a out/in with a ME non 'O'.

Just went there yesterday for the same thing. All OK. However it was my 2nd time this year. Am I going to be able to do it one more time? Are there any restrictions for numbers of land border runs on non-o visa per year?

ubonjoe    18,093
1 hour ago, aoneseller said:

Are there any restrictions for numbers of land border runs on non-o visa per year?

No

There are no restrictions if you have a valid visa for entry.

aoneseller    6
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

There are no restrictions if you have a valid visa for entry.

Thank you.

TheLobster    739

I'm sorry if that this is a repetitive question as I don't have time to read all the posts but please can someone tell me the quickest way to do a multiple O visa run from Bangkok.

Thank you.

elviajero    3,260
On 8/20/2017 at 0:08 AM, aoneseller said:

Just went there yesterday for the same thing. All OK. However it was my 2nd time this year. Am I going to be able to do it one more time? Are there any restrictions for numbers of land border runs on non-o visa per year?

There is no official limit and the third should be no problem at that crossing. They have temporarily closed that border to "border runs" in the past so it's worth checking again just before the next trip.

TheLobster    739
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

If you want to get a new visa Savannakhet is the best location to get one.

If asking about getting a new 90 day entry from a multiple entry non-o visa by doing a border crossing the Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi province is the nearest to Bangkok. You pay a total about 950 baht for transport across no man's land and the border pass for Myanmar.

After there the Ban Laem crossing to Cambodia is the next choice.

Thank you ubonjoe.

I am planning to travel south this weekend to Surat Thani. I see route 4 goes quite close to the border particularly near Prachuap Kiri Khan. Are there any border crossings that you can recommend where I can renew a multiple O on this route?

ubonjoe    18,093
11 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

I am planning to travel south this weekend to Surat Thani. I see route 4 goes quite close to the border particularly near Prachuap Kiri Khan. Are there any border crossings that you can recommend where I can renew a multiple O on this route?

There is no crossing that you can use going in that direction.

The nearest crossing to Surat Thani is the crossing to Myanmar at Ranong.

• Like 1

TheLobster    739
2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no crossing that you can use going in that direction.

The nearest crossing to Surat Thani is the crossing to Myanmar at Ranong.

Thank you for your prompt post.

acenase    8

My TR Visa is about to expire and I just want to know what the cheapest and quickest way I can get a new TR Visa besides going to Vientiene again.  I've already went there twice, and the Laos Visa takes up the full page in my passport.  I only have 1 last page left reserved for my new TR visa.  I am thinking about border runs with Bus but also thinking about going to Hong Kong because they won't stamp my passport, and if I leave on Monday, I will go to Embassy on Tuesday, Pick up on Wednesday and fly back to Bangkok that night so 3 day trip, but cost for everything there is a lot more expensive (Food and hotel). What are my other options? 

ubonjoe    18,093

Perhaps Penang Malaysia. You only get an entry stamp when you enter Malaysia.

I assume you are looking for a single entry non-ed visa and will have supporting documents from a registered school.

aoneseller    6
On 9/6/2017 at 1:58 AM, acenase said:

My TR Visa is about to expire and I just want to know what the cheapest and quickest way I can get a new TR Visa besides going to Vientiene again.  I've already went there twice, and the Laos Visa takes up the full page in my passport.  I only have 1 last page left reserved for my new TR visa.  I am thinking about border runs with Bus but also thinking about going to Hong Kong because they won't stamp my passport, and if I leave on Monday, I will go to Embassy on Tuesday, Pick up on Wednesday and fly back to Bangkok that night so 3 day trip, but cost for everything there is a lot more expensive (Food and hotel). What are my other options? 

I know my reply outdated, but how about flying to Yangon, Myanmar with an e-visa? There is Thai embassy and e-visa will not effect loosing passport pages. 

acenase    8

But in order to get an education visa I would need to be enrolled in school and having then sponsor me. I'm not currently enrolled in a school. I have been getting single entry tourist visa from vientiane. how much would the cheapest way to go the E-Visa route and paying for school? It may be a bit out of my budget.  I saw that I could get a 1 Year stay if I sign up for Muay Thai class but the package for that to give me TR Visa a 1 year extension would be 38,000 Baht which includes 1 year extension but 72 x 2 hour Muay thai classes

JackThompson    1,477
59 minutes ago, acenase said:

But in order to get an education visa I would need to be enrolled in school and having then sponsor me. I'm not currently enrolled in a school. I have been getting single entry tourist visa from vientiane. how much would the cheapest way to go the E-Visa route and paying for school? It may be a bit out of my budget.  I saw that I could get a 1 Year stay if I sign up for Muay Thai class but the package for that to give me TR Visa a 1 year extension would be 38,000 Baht which includes 1 year extension but 72 x 2 hour Muay thai classes

That option would give you a 90-day ED visa (not a TR visa), which could be extended every 3 months thereafter.  That cost is also about right for a language-school; figure in the extension-costs and/or 'extra fees' to get the extensions without hassle (depending on which immi-office and school you use). 

You could just get a SETV in Penang, though.