BANGKOK 11 December 2018 20:06
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Every time I have applied for a retirement extension at C M I have been required to jump through new hoops, and none of the "new" requirements have been written in the information they themselves issue to clients. Seems to me that they just want to make it harder, for no real reason that I can understand, other than they don't want us to live in LOS.

How many years have you been doing your retirement extension?

I have done four and the requirements have been the same every year. Never have I felt that I was having to jump through hoops to get my stamp, it has always been completely painless.

• Like 1

This year they have kicked it up a cog ie place of residence - TM28/TM30

ok so what is a tm 28 or 30 ? i rent a condo so do i need that ? if so where can a get a form ?

There is a thread on TV which discusses both TM28 & T30.

When you understand them, please post here.

music is a bit dreary.

What would you prefer?

Kylie Minogue singing "I should be so lucky"?

after the first minute, I was expecting the "Funeral March". Or maybe the good ol' song. "why are we waiting....?"

Or the great Monty Python's :"Always look on the bright side of life....te boom te boom...."

I feel obliged to use the services of an agent - waiting for n hrs - no thank you.

This year CNX I/O seek a TM 28 or TM 30 or both.

I still fail to understand this aspect although I have had communication with an agent.

I own a condo in CNX - vacant - up for sale - have a yellow book.

In Fang, MIL owns the land & wife owns the house. Wife states that my name cannot appear on the house-book until the condo is sold - per Amphur Office advice.

I/O @ Fang has accepted the document supplied & now I do 90 day reports there.

Am I confused? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Every time I have applied for a retirement extension at C M I have been required to jump through new hoops, and none of the "new" requirements have been written in the information they themselves issue to clients. Seems to me that they just want to make it harder, for no real reason that I can understand, other than they don't want us to live in LOS.

You must be applying for the marriage one. The single one has not changed. There are rumors of proof of residency but apparently that is a hit or miss thing. Depending on the Officer. I always have one but have never been asked for one.

Have heard some pretty weird stories about the marriage ones.

I apply as "single" - retirement visa extension - B800k in Thai bank.

Now I am very confused.

The TM28/TM30 have been required for longer than you have been extending your visa. The good news is that once they are properly filed, you can get a "yellow Book". from the Amphur. This is a painless procedure and not at all expensive. This will establish your "residence" to everyone, including the Immigration Service.

I apply as "single" - retirement visa extension - B800k in Thai bank.

Now I am very confused.

Once that I secured and maintained my "Yellow Book" in good order, I have never been asked for proof of residency at the Immigration office during the visa extension for Retirement.

I have a Yellow Book from the Amphur Office (CNX).

However, I am now living at Fang in my wife's house on her mother's land.

How many years have you been doing your retirement extension?

I have done four and the requirements have been the same every year. Never have I felt that I was having to jump through hoops to get my stamp, it has always been completely painless.

3 First time straightforward, no extras. Second time, had to go to bank to get bankbook updated on the day, third time, had to provide proof of residence. Nowhere was it written in THEIR OWN list of requirements that such was required.

Because they invent things to ask for means that none of us knows exactly what is required when we go.

Now they apparently want TM 28 and 30. One has reported having to bring an official from their area.

Just because you have been lucky doesn't mean everyone is so fortunate.

Where did you go for yours?

The TM28/TM30 have been required for longer than you have been extending your visa. The good news is that once they are properly filed, you can get a "yellow Book". from the Amphur. This is a painless procedure and not at all expensive. This will establish your "residence" to everyone, including the Immigration Service.

I have NEVER seen mention of TM 28/30 being required before, and NEVER had to provide such myself.

I believe that not everyone can obtain yellow book.

I have NEVER seen mention of TM 28/30 being required before, and NEVER had to provide such myself.

I believe that not everyone can obtain yellow book.

Yes. everyone can