Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
sceadugenga

Coffee

Mind you my friend is a very big supplier for this area. (Many generations )

I will ask him again

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I don’t know how much I spend for a kilo of coffee beans. I buy smaller bags of whole beans at Doi Chaang but haven’t bothered to calculate the per kilo price. I do pay 105 baht for a small double cappuccino at Starbucks, maybe once or twice each week. Friends sometimes give me small bags of Coffee as gifts from as far away as New Zealand.

It is nice to try different kinds of coffee from different places but I am not sure I really have a favorite or worry much about the price.

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I don’t know how much I spend for a kilo of coffee beans. I buy smaller bags of whole beans at Doi Chaang but haven’t bothered to calculate the per kilo price. I do pay 105 baht for a small double cappuccino at Starbucks, maybe once or twice each week. Friends sometimes give me small bags of Coffee as gifts from as far away as New Zealand.

It is nice to try different kinds of coffee from different places but I am not sure I really have a favorite or worry much about the price.

VF, do you recall what was in that small shot of free coffee that the staff at Starbucks gave us last time we caught up? Had am intriguing taste to it.

VF, do you recall what was in that small shot of free coffee that the staff at Starbucks gave us last time we caught up? Had am intriguing taste to it.

Sorry Garry, all I remember is that it was one of their special promotional blends but I don't remember the name.

• Like 1

I was quite pleased with my home roasting efforts this year so when I happened to be in the Canary Lodge Cafe last week and saw the girl roasting a new supply I bought a kilo of green beans for the surprising low price of 200B.

Now all I need is the house to myself to do a bit of roasting.... the smell is not appreciated.

• Like 1

I was quite pleased with my home roasting efforts this year so when I happened to be in the Canary Lodge Cafe last week and saw the girl roasting a new supply I bought a kilo of green beans for the surprising low price of 200B.

Now all I need is the house to myself to do a bit of roasting.... the smell is not appreciated.

Just curious, to what level of flavour do you roast to or do you vary your roast from time to time? Edited by Garry

It's mainly pot luck Gary but I get better with practice.

I just heat them in a heavy frypan until they turn black, usually not evenly though.

I then often blend with some cheaper beans I bought that may be too strong for my taste, the home roasted beans are usually very mild.

I like somewhere in between.

• Like 2

I was in the Royal Project store yesterday and noticed Arabica Coffee beans for 315B for 500gms.

Irresistible at that price, I'm just sampling a cup now and it's very drinkable. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Almost double what I pay for an outstanding coffee roasted to order and delivered to my door!

Carry on.

My problem is that I'm an impulse buyer.

What was wrong with the coffee at our place sceaduga. They have from 4000 a kilo to 1200

It's mainly pot luck Gary but I get better with practice.

I just heat them in a heavy frypan until they turn black, usually not evenly though.

I then often blend with some cheaper beans I bought that may be too strong for my taste, the home roasted beans are usually very mild.

I like somewhere in between.

Ah okay interesting, I thought you might have yourself a small roasting oven, but that obviously works fine for you. From what I've seen on youtube, I was intrigued how the process for the flavour can be very time (& heat) criticlal.

I really cannot see the point of doing it with coffee beans so cheap and available virtually on our doorstep and when i did the last lot said I wouldn't be bothered again.

But there I was and there they were. rolleyes.gif

I had an ATM transaction to do today so made the 15km run at 6.30am to avoid the street festivities.

Checked out the 7/11 next door and was surprised to see a small coffee bar.

One perfectly acceptable Americano... 30B

She snapped a shot of liquid sugar into before I could protest but a little extra energy at that hour doesn't go astray.