Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
ubonjoe

The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

ck98    6

I have back to back METVs as well, albeit I'm not spending a ton of time in thailand at a time anymore (5 days max per trip, every 2-3 weeks)

A couple times immigration at suwannnaphum has asked how long i'd be spending , and the occasional flip back and forth between metv1 and metv2 ... (metv2 was issued about 3 weeks after metv1 expired)

if it ever becomes an issue i'll probably just buy thai elite, just a bit of a hassle as im under 20.

• Like 1

Bigdogfarang    100

Just done my second exit and re-entry on. My first METV out to KL and back in next day to don muang absolutely no issues or questions at all just stamped through for another 60 days with this stamp expiring after my METV expiration date - next and last in out will be re entering 2 days before METV expiy so Hoping for another trouble free 60 day stamp then 

• Like 1

Cheesus    1

Hello

597c9dba6faf1_NewDoc2017-07-29_1.thumb.jpg.d5c84ec42d65d3ee910d70271241eaef.jpg

Could anyone confirm if i will be able to enter Thailand on 31 August? Or does it need to be 30 August?

• Like 1

elviajero    3,193
18 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

Hello

597c9dba6faf1_NewDoc2017-07-29_1.thumb.jpg.d5c84ec42d65d3ee910d70271241eaef.jpg

Could anyone confirm if i will be able to enter Thailand on 31 August? Or does it need to be 30 August?

Yes you can enter before midnight on August 31st.

• Like 1

Santogold    0

I'm in the USA and want to get the 6 month METV. I understand that I need to leave Thailand before 60 days but can get a 30 day extension on that (for a total of 90 days). I need to show the LA consulate proof of my flight leaving Thailand. Here's my question:

Should I schedule the outbound flight to leave Thailand before the 60 days is up, or is it ok to schedule it before the 90 days is up?

scubascuba3    675
I'm in the USA and want to get the 6 month METV. I understand that I need to leave Thailand before 60 days but can get a 30 day extension on that (for a total of 90 days). I need to show the LA consulate proof of my flight leaving Thailand. Here's my question:

Should I schedule the outbound flight to leave Thailand before the 60 days is up, or is it ok to schedule it before the 90 days is up?
I'm getting an METV again and I'm scheduling my flight back for 8 months. You don't need to schedule it back 60 or 90 days, book it when you intend to fly out.
  • Like 1

Briggsy    10,520
5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, Santogold said:

I'm getting an METV again and I'm scheduling my flight back for 8 months. You don't need to schedule it back 60 or 90 days, book it when you intend to fly out.

Correct.

I book my flight with the return leg (back to Farangland) approximately 5 months after the outward leg when I apply for my METV. This is fine. I should say this is not with the LA consulate.

• Like 1

YetAnother    1,614

does the METV involve a re-entry permit (and the attendant fee) ?

ubonjoe    17,710
1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

It is a multiple entry visa so no re-entry permit is needed.

elviajero    3,193
15 hours ago, Santogold said:

As the maximum permission to stay thats granted on entry with this visa is 60 days the outbound tickets should dated within 60 days of your planned entry, however, most consular services would not enforce that and have their own policies. You should be ok with 90 days, but it is best to ask LA directly.

• Like 1

Briggsy    10,520
On 08/08/2017 at 8:14 AM, YetAnother said:

As Ubon Joe says.

However, if you were to make an entry on the expiry date of the visa to squeeze another 60 days out of the visa, any exit during this 60-day period (after the visa expiry date) would need a re-entry permit if you wanted to come back in and keep the same permission to stay until date.

• Like 1

Santogold    0
On 8/7/2017 at 11:10 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 8/7/2017 at 10:32 AM, Santogold said:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I just called the LA consulate (should have done this before, obviously, haha). They said the flight out of thailand date is up to me, so can be anytime within the 6 months.

hiigara    0

I don't understand this. US residents need to be employed to apply for this visa!!!!

Unless you have been 10 years in the company and are given sabatic leave of some sort, no one I know will have a job when they return from 6 months in Thailand. Stupid requirement. I am between jobs and I wanted to stay 3 to 6 months in thailand. I am probably best enrolling in a thai language school and get a 90 day visa.