Tywais

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

879 posts in this topic

I see this public park near me which has some sort of waste collection for recycled stuff, and of course they burn most of it.  Chang Phuek

Out of sight/smell, out of mind...............but unless pigs are now flying, it will be back soon enough

We've smelled burning for the last 3 or 4 nights now. Only 2 more years of my sentence left before I'm released back to Isaan....

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

On December 5, 2559 BE at 8:16 PM, JaseTheBass said:

We've smelled burning for the last 3 or 4 nights now. Only 2 more years of my sentence left before I'm released back to Isaan....

No burning going on in Isaan?

No burning going on in Isaan?

It doesn't get trapped and hang around like it does up here. And there's nowhere near as much burning either.

1 person likes this

It doesn't get trapped and hang around like it does up here. And there's nowhere near as much burning either.

Guess your memories on isaan are outdated and romantic the smoke hoovers for 3 month all over north Asia from India to Vietnam - surly not excluding isaan with its hazardous pollution levels.

Can see a few plumes of smoke rising most days now, early morning burning in and around some of the villages, ash in the pool today from the burnt rice stubs I guess.

Won't be too long now.

That's it decision made - move for good due to environmental issues the north is definitely nothing I want/can live permanently- as it's now December -May hazardous conditions-bye bye north and with that even Thailand . Good luck to the once who can't leave.

1 person likes this

Mid morning view from Mae Kuang Dam..most of it roadside tree/grass litter burning

Can only get worse i figure.

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f1%5fAEVUimIAAXCrWFI75gvTWG6KKnM&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo

Guess your memories on isaan are outdated and romantic the smoke hoovers for 3 month all over north Asia from India to Vietnam - surly not excluding isaan with its hazardous pollution levels.

Arrived in Udon today and am enjoying the noticeably cleaner air. Salute!

I got lung cancer but I only paid 100 baht for the room!!!! Cheap things turn our mind off to more serious problems. We are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 12/28/2016 at 9:50 AM, BernieOnTour said:

Does anybody know, where to buy N95 masks in Chiang Mai?

Home Pro.

On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 4:30 PM, Awk said:

Home Pro.

Thank you