Tywais

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2016-2017 Chiang Mai

907 posts in this topic

lets stick to the fact,

there is no hospital overrun, there is no smoking season it is called burning season.

AQI is inaccurate website, 

Been living in CM for years smog is always an issue and so many people comment about how it's it's better in some other country well go to that country if it's so much better than CM. One could comment further on issues with those other cities in other countries but what's the point I don't live and never will.

Learn to live with the smog in whatever way you have to but  stop complaining about it, as one of the old saying goes " if you don't like the food in the restaurant then don't eat there "

Off topic posts about smog levels in California have been removed as well as the replies. 

3 hours ago, Flying Kiwi said:

Been living in CM for years smog is always an issue and so many people comment about how it's it's better in some other country well go to that country if it's so much better than CM. One could comment further on issues with those other cities in other countries but what's the point I don't live and never will.

Learn to live with the smog in whatever way you have to but  stop complaining about it, as one of the old saying goes " if you don't like the food in the restaurant then don't eat there "

i believe that NZ is clean but definition of smog is

Smog is a type of air pollutant. The word "smog" was coined in the early 20th century as a portmanteau of the words smoke and fog to refer to smoky fog, its opacity, and odour.[1] The word was then intended to refer to what was sometimes known as pea soup fog, a familiar and serious problem in London from the 19th century to the mid 20th century.

Never mentioned NZ, my comments where directed at CM weather, smog is simply the most common word for " pollution" recognised around the world. Messing with word terminology is just semantics.

17 hours ago, LolaS said:

no In my language smog is something else, not just pollution

whatever !