Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

1,190 posts in this topic

A few months ago I talked with "Sargent Nicky" the Imm. officer who normally handles retirement extensions at Promenada.  During that meeting he assured me that people over age 70 could request priority service and he pointed to this sign that was posted outside the Immigration office at the time.  There is a request form available at Imm. that you must complete to obtain the service.  I do know of some people who have been successful in receiving this service -- usually with much fanfair and photos that are forwarded onto the Consular Corp to show how Immigration is providing such good service.

Nicky Priority Lane sign.jpg

Immigration Bureau's benefactors, ??, what does that translate to "Agents", ?

anybody know ?

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Immigration Bureau's benefactors, ??, what does that translate to "Agents", ?

anybody know ?

regards Worgeordie

Is it not all of the above on that sign?

Or just all of us!

Here is the little gem, ii is self explanatory is it not? :smile:

image.png

2 people like this

On 4/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, worgeordie said:

Been posting 90 day report for years,not one problem,anything to

prevent me to going to Promenade is a huge plus. 

Pleased to see you were going back to Oz,then you said you intend

coming back !:saai:  just joking my old cobber.

regards worgeordie

Know people who have been doing the 90 day report by mail for over ten years, never a problem, but be sure to save your receipt. Use EMS. Best to update your passport on your computer and print when needed for next report. Ten minutes plus trip to post office. No need to get up early and spend all day bumming around CM unless you like to do that. I save the last SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) with the copy of the passport and the TM form until the next mail in time. I do it exactly 15 days before last 90 day expires because I'm not certain what the time range is, but have never had a problem. 

17 hours ago, Thailand said:

Here is the little gem, ii is self explanatory is it not? :smile:

image.png

I've missed out on 5 years,damn...."Have assisted CM Immigration Office" hmmm

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I've missed out on 5 years,damn...."Have assisted CM Immigration Office" hmmm

Don't fret.  They just opened up the "Priority Lane" a few months ago.  Besides, I doubt that posting on Thai Visa counts as "assisting the CM Immigration office.

Great, this means fit, hansum young men like me will be pushed even further to the back of the queue. Never thought I`d see the day when being old and decrepit would have it`s benefits. 

1 person likes this

There are "lanes" like this at many gov't hospitals.  You have to be able to read Thai signs to realize that some of the windows at the cashiers office are Priority Windows reserved for the use of those over age 70  or that a certain back section of a large waiting room is less crowded and reserved for the elderly  and  doctors and nurses will see to those patients in a timely fashion.

After spending more then one hour queuing at immigration manic depression starts creeping in and I start losing the will to live. I am still going to use the G4T, don`t care how much it costs or who`s pockets my fees are going in, just want to get it over with so I can continue on with my life and pursue my own boring little interests.

ID: 1187   Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

After spending more then one hour queuing at immigration manic depression starts creeping in and I start losing the will to live. I am still going to use the G4T, don`t care how much it costs or who`s pockets my fees are going in, just want to get it over with so I can continue on with my life and pursue my own boring little interests.

At your advanced age and mindset it's quite understandable

Edited by Sparkles

Dang, how long did your flight to Thailand take?

1 person likes this

what is mean person with urgent need lol 

28 minutes ago, thai006 said:

what is mean person with urgent need lol 

I've wondered about this, too.  Maybe someone who lacks forward planning skills and didn't realize they could apply for their annual visa extension 45 days in advance in Chiang Mai.

No, seriously........ I heard of one such case today of someone whose father had a serious illness and she needed to secure a re-entry permit pronto to go visit him.    Perhaps that's what they meant.