Thailand Forum
Tywais

Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Sparkles    2,254

Happened to drive by the old Airport Imm site this week ,seems at a quick glance the old building at the rear has been levelled ready for rebuilding.The office near the coffee shop still intact. Parking of course will be non existent so Airport Plaza will have to soak up a few vehicles.

Drove round in circles at the Airport parking lot that's reached saturation point

Lizard2010    226
37 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Happened to drive by the old Airport Imm site this week ,seems at a quick glance the old building at the rear has been levelled ready for rebuilding.The office near the coffee shop still intact. Parking of course will be non existent so Airport Plaza will have to soak up a few vehicles.

Drove round in circles at the Airport parking lot that's reached saturation point

I have heard that there will be parking in or under the building

We will have to wait till it is built before we can comment more

Sparkles    2,254

Might well be Lizard but its such a small site it would be minimal.Why they didnt acquire a larger site is beyond comprehension

Imm is obviously self funding ,the daily baht turnover must be huge.

RPCVguy    217
On 7/13/2016 at 1:43 PM, RPCVguy said:

Does anyone have more info as to when or where the LAMPANG office might open?

Lampang Immigration Office.png

I might be leaving the Chiang Mai forum, but the notification of details has not been forthcoming.
The current slow response from my latest mailed 90-day report suggests the transition is underway.

Thailand    8,054
22 hours ago, cusanus said:

I think you're right, that it's only when entering the country (TM30). I may have been told wrongly. Maybe Don's Life can help, if it's okay for me to post the link: http://donslifeinthailand.com/TM28_Imm_Law.html

When re-entering the country, unless you have changed your address the TM30 needs to be endorsed at Prom immigration.top floor.. They simply endorse the existing TM30 in your passport and enter updated info on the computer. You do not NOT need a new TM30 receipt of notification.

It should be done within 24 hours of returning but leeway is given for weekends and holidays.

• Like 2

Thailand    8,054
6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Might well be Lizard but its such a small site it would be minimal.Why they didnt acquire a larger site is beyond comprehension

Imm is obviously self funding ,the daily baht turnover must be huge.

Plenty of parking at Prom, a lot more when immigration move back to the airport. Perhaps they will provide shuttle service between the two places!  1512040.gif

true blue    642
6 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

I have heard that there will be parking in or under the building

We will have to wait till it is built before we can comment more

Belive there building a large multi story car park building there.

EricTh    87
On 2/10/2017 at 5:07 PM, Thailand said:

When re-entering the country, unless you have changed your address the TM30 needs to be endorsed at Prom immigration.top floor.. They simply endorse the existing TM30 in your passport and enter updated info on the computer. You do not NOT need a new TM30 receipt of notification.

It should be done within 24 hours of returning but leeway is given for weekends and holidays.

The officer I asked 2 weeks ago said it doesn't need to be 24 hours. It can be one or a few weeks.

Thailand    8,054
8 hours ago, EricTh said:

The officer I asked 2 weeks ago said it doesn't need to be 24 hours. It can be one or a few weeks.

I suggest if you are a few weeks late going to get your TM30 endorsed you go back to that same officer.

scottiejohn    1,087
10 hours ago, EricTh said:

You can only go by what the law says (if and where you can find it) and what the immigration officer on the day says to you about you, your situation and the paperwork that you have provided (in good faith!) at that particular moment in time for that particular stamp, application or problem.

Sparkles    2,254
2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I suggest if you are a few weeks late going to get your TM30 endorsed you go back to that same officer.

Who won't, of course, remember the conversation.If you going to submit do it in 24 hours or 72 hours if arriving Friday late.

Better safe that sorry comes to mind

Sparkles    2,254
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, true blue said:

Belive there building a large multi story car park building there.

The site is the size of a postage stamp, can't have both an extended office and high rise parking,won't happen..

• Like 1

true blue    642
1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

The site is the size of a postage stamp, can't have both an extended office and high rise parking,won't happen..

Be nice if it did though.

cusanus    54
On 2/12/2017 at 4:35 AM, EricTh said:

If the TM30 needs to be only endorsed on re entry, that's excellent, I don't have to drag my Thai wife along (meaning she may have to work). Normally, 24 hours is no problem for me, one day is the same as any other except for perhaps a bit of jet lag; however, what if I wanted to stay in a different province for a few days before going back to Chiang Mai? Ok, not convenient to go to a different Immigration Office I guess.

Edited by cusanus

opalred    685

i heard  they are building a lockup  at airport

for people that don't have a tm30 form