KhunTao

Scomadi scooters

149 posts in this topic

There is a new brand of 125cc scooters on the market, basically a replica of lambretta ... Designed in the uk, manufactured in China .... 95,000 baht.

Looks great, my only concern is that the engine is a very basic Chinese unit, with a carburetor ... No fuel injection ...

Does anyone have experience with this bike ?

ID: 3   Posted (edited)

Basic engine with carburetor is good, means its cheap and easy to diagnose and fix when something goes wrong.

Edited by johng
2 people like this

one Nonsense post removed

Loads of reviews on this scooter on the net. Fake replica look aside, what exactly would make you want you to buy this chinese product,

rather than a vastly superior - and much cheaper Honda PCX 150, for example?

2 people like this

Plastic body Chinese scooter for the same price as a new metal bodied Vespa.

These bikes are junk. I test rode one and its really slow and poorly put together.

1 person likes this

I worked in China for over a year. The locals go around on E-Bikes. They cost about eq 180 - 200 UK pounds. Within 2 years they have fallen apart. They just go out and buy a new one. The same goes for the small petrol scooters.

No one makes or sells anything nowadays that lasts. There is no money in it. I am totally sure that the design factor has a critical fail time on anything. DVD players, TV's, phones, laptops, motorbikes, cars, washing machines....I think 5 years is the max. Then bang it goes....

Like mentioned - Honda PCX.....a lot better.

Yamaha do a nice looking Lambrettaish scooter for about 52k. Has a decent engine and won't fall apart in 5 minutes.

1 person likes this

ID: 9   Posted (edited)

I worked in China for over a year. The locals go around on E-Bikes. They cost about eq 180 - 200 UK pounds. Within 2 years they have fallen apart. They just go out and buy a new one. The same goes for the small petrol scooters.

No one makes or sells anything nowadays that lasts. There is no money in it. I am totally sure that the design factor has a critical fail time on anything. DVD players, TV's, phones, laptops, motorbikes, cars, washing machines....I think 5 years is the max. Then bang it goes....

Like mentioned - Honda PCX.....a lot better.

I rode my Flying Pigeon E-Scooter around N. China for around 7 years, then passed it on to some friends who needed transportation when theirs crapped out. My Flying Pigeon E-Bicycle is 4 years old and still runs like new. It's my main mode of transport close to home when I go back occasionally to visit.

Still, given the choice between a British designed, Chinese built (worst of both worlds?) scooter and a rice burner for 1/3 - 1/2 less money, I'm going with the Japanese scooter (or car) every time.

Edited by impulse

Just to resurrect the topic.
Has anyone purchased a Scomadi?
I'm looking to buy a scooter and the Scomadi looks the best looking scooter by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just to resurrect the topic.
Has anyone purchased a Scomadi?
I'm looking to buy a scooter and the Scomadi looks the best looking scooter by far.

I had one.
Don't buy the 125cc model. It's junk. Chinese gy6 engine is trash.
Wait for the tl200cc with the twin cam engine from Peugeot. It's very fast and will arrive March 2017 to Thailand. Price will be in the 150-160k range.

Google the tl200 for a review. It's amazing.

Sebastian,

What went wrong with the 125 engine?

Nothing. Just old technology for big money. It's slow. A complete dog. The gy6 engine is the most common Chinese engine worldwide. It's cheap and nasty. You only need to inspect the engine and see the horrid casting.
I'd rather buy a 125cc vespa sprint for the same money. 5 more HP in comparison.
The tl200 is the one to buy. These twin cam engines are a thing of beauty.

Loads of reviews on this scooter on the net. Fake replica look aside, what exactly would make you want you to buy this chinese product,
rather than a vastly superior - and much cheaper Honda PCX 150, for example?

Pcx rear drum brake. Scomadi disc.
Pcx crap shocks. Scomadi preload adjustable sports shocks built in Britain by scooter experts, PM Tuning.
Pcx 126kg, Scomadi 100kg.
Pcx 8 litre tank. Scomadi 11 litre.
Pcx typical Japanese design, built in Vietnam. Scomadi exact replica of the GP designed by Italian legend Bertone(Ferrari), built in China.
Pcx handlebars? Can anyone explain these?
Pcx red/white/grey/black. Scomadi Kevlar/satin/chrome/mint/ocean blue/orange/black/red/dual colour.

1 person likes this