jharr

Hatari Air Purifier (HT-AP12) - fan speed for 24 hour running?

Can't answer your question, but the good thing about buying that model is that filters are easy to obtain. If Home Pro are out of stock, Lazada online will have them.

• Like 1

Thanks MESmith, saw your posts elsewhere too.

HomePro made a point of showing me the phone number to order a replacement filter on the warranty/instructions.

A quick search of Lazada using Google reveals the replacement for ฿888, but don't search on Lazada directly for it unless you use "RAP-1201".

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=RAP-1201

My California house needed hepa filters. I bought a great bedroom machine from Costco for $269 dollars and a Swiss hospital grade machine online for $1000 dollars. 90 sq meters downstairs and 35 sq meters upstairs. If you are able to purchase Hepa filters for less than $1000 baht, then my advice is to buy two machines and two spare Hepa filters and run both machines 24/7. We're talking about your health which has no price. Don't pinch pennies. Be reasonable. Be kind to yourself. Double your filtration now.

Nobody can tell you that. The only way to know is to measure it yourself with a particle counter of some sort. I did some measurements with that myself a couple of years ago, using Blueair 650E as the air purifier. I'm thinking that the Blueair is quite a bit better and more powerful than your Hatari.

In the house we rented at that time, I never ran the Blueair at a setting below medium. When pollution was high (you can see when that is from aqmthai.com if you want), I ran the Blueair at the max setting in the 25sqm bedroom, the noise not withstanding. Actually, the Blueair noise is reminiscent of white noise, so surprising enough, it did not prevent anyone from sleeping. So when we entered the worst period, I just left it at the max setting every night without bothering to check that days pollution level.

Even at the max setting, the air in the bedroom was not filtered to a level better than barely acceptable at the worst times.

That was in a Thai house of average/mid-range quality. Unless the room you stay in is considerably better isolated than mine was (or the Hatari is much better than Blueair, which I very much doubt), I'd leave the Hatari at the highest setting you're comfortable with. I'm thinking I'll should buy a Hatari purifier, or some other cheaper brand, and put it in the living room downstairs, rather than carry the Blueairs up and down before/after sleep, risking damaging them every time.

Edited by Awk
  • Like 1

I'm in a concrete condo with good doors and windows in terms of sealing, pretty typical in CM, so if anyone has done some testing with a meter of the Hatari's performance I think it would be useful. I'm not interested in buying a meter, just making the best use of simple, cheap precautions.

I have concerns about the accuracy and completeness of the aqmthai.com data. I don't have any first hand evidence but I have seen photos and claims of government workers spraying water around measurement stations, and private PM10 meter readings being higher than aqmthai.com. No PM2.5 data either, which I believe is inconsistent with other countries of comparable development and pollution issues.

The Hatari is definitely reducing the dust. I can see that. It is rated for 32sqm which is about what I'm in with the bathroom door closed with good seals, so I think one unit is enough.

• Like 1

I'm in a concrete condo with good doors and windows in terms of sealing, pretty typical in CM, so if anyone has done some testing with a meter of the Hatari's performance I think it would be useful. I'm not interested in buying a meter, just making the best use of simple, cheap precautions.
I have concerns about the accuracy and completeness of the aqmthai.com data. I don't have any first hand evidence but I have seen photos and claims of government workers spraying water around measurement stations, and private PM10 meter readings being higher than aqmthai.com. No PM2.5 data either, which I believe is inconsistent with other countries of comparable development and pollution issues.
The Hatari is definitely reducing the dust. I can see that. It is rated for 32sqm which is about what I'm in with the bathroom door closed with good seals, so I think one unit is enough.
I just bought two this evening. My instructions are in Thai and English. I'll scan them.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have a PM 2.5 sensor and hatari filter in a 40sm bedroom.   Leaving the filter for 3 hours (on timer) is enough to bring levels down to about 30 PM.   By morning time the measurement has risen to around 50 with the hatari turned off.  However my PM sensor only shows around 80 PM before I turn it on.  meaning this depends a lot on where you live.  I live near CMU on quiet street.

I have two Hatari units in a 30sq meter room running them almost nonspot on fan speed 2, will be getting a pm2.5/10 meter in a couple weeks can report back after that.

On another note, has anyone  taken their  2.5 PM meter to test the indoor air quality of some of the major hospitals or large shopping malls....would be interesting to know.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

You should have one of those bacteria detectors too.  I'll bet you'll sh&$&#$&* yourself when you find out how filthy it is.